Quadzilla RL500 build dimensions / Swivel pin nut size

Josh999

Hello all buggy people!

Last year my castle nut came off my front swivel joint and threw me across the road, luckily no harm came to anyone or anything. I have been searching for weeks to find out where I can buy another nut and pin but no luck whatsoever!! It might be my terminology as I'm not great with mechanics. I've tried looking for a dimensions diagram for the rl500 but no luck there either.

Could anyone help me out by telling me the component names and if its actually called a Swivel joint, or is it a lower from suspension arm etc etc?? What is the size nut I need and If anyone knows where to buy the nut that would be amazing! Or if anyone has the buggy dimensions that would be great.

Thank you all so much and the moral of the story is... Don't think maintenance is WD40 because it's really not haha

IMG_2930.JPG
IMG_2948.JPG
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.19.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.14.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.14.26 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.14.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-29 at 3.14.48 PM.png

Phaeton

Staff member
It's the bottom ball joint that you are referring to, from your images I suspect that it's an M12x1.5.

Are you able to measure the distance between the ridges (pitch) if you can't do 1, try doing 5 & then divide by 4

Josh999

It's the bottom ball joint that you are referring to, from your images I suspect that it's an M12x1.5.

Are you able to measure the distance between the ridges (pitch) if you can't do 1, try doing 5 & then divide by 4
Thank you so much for your reply, you have already given me so much helpful information that I was stuck on. I'll take the other nut off and measure it, and then buy two new ones. I'll report back once I've done this.

Thanks again!