Britney Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member
TBH I've not looked at it, figured it was going to be 4-6 weeks before I can get a date so I'd look after I get the date, chances are I won't I'll take it for the test, get a fail & work from there.

250buggys

That looked like good fun, especially in the dry you could push it a bit more.

Good test session :) Helps loads, when I went to IVA the tester said most people turn up with new pads and fail the brake test on the RR. Nicely bedded in.

250buggys

3rd of May it is, a good month in hand.

Really annoying how they take your £450 and say 'non refundable'

Did you keep the transporter?

I will be eagerly awaiting to hear how you get on.

Which MEV are you keeping Alan?

Good luck Alan ☺️

Danny

Administrator
oooooh.... I might get you to finish the mojo...

I have no desire at the moment... well a little but not enough to spur me on

Phaeton

Staff member
3rd of May it is, a good month in hand.

Really annoying how they take your £450 and say 'non refundable'

Did you keep the transporter?

I will be eagerly awaiting to hear how you get on.

Which MEV are you keeping Alan?

Good luck Alan ☺️
Yeah in some ways I wish I'd sorted it out 2 weeks ago, but wanted to do the trackday first & held off incase I broke something

Have to say I do think £450 is too much, I'd accept £300 as a reasonable cost

No transporter went back end of last year, so will have to sort a trailer but we are looking for one.

It's a Fail, it's always a Fail, but at least there will be a list

I think it'll be Melvin, couple of reasons, I think the Britney will be more saleable, the Melvin is only 1 of 20 not 1 of 1200+ I also have more trouble getting onto Britney due to my old motorcycle accident. Although I do think Britney is stiffer chassis & more suited to trackdays. Once she's gone I think I will upgrade some of the parts on him.

250buggys

Alan I have an element from a MK2 focus ST heated seat which I am retro fitting into the drivers seat. Got to be easier than adding a heater matrix.

Phaeton

Staff member
Alan I have an element from a MK2 focus ST heated seat which I am retro fitting into the drivers seat. Got to be easier than adding a heater matrix.
Thanks for the idea Chris, but it's usually my feet that get cold, also my seats are just fibreglass with no covering, so nowhere to fit one.

250buggys

Hi Alan

I was sold an LSD but found it was open on inspection.

The way to tell if dif is LSD is if you turn the output shaft clockwise the other output shaft will spin clockwise . If it spins anticlockwise it is open.

If you spin the input shaft both of the outputs will spin the same way

Think that is correct :)

Your 11's are saying it's an LSD. Good work with the build. Looking forward to hearing about your big day.

Phaeton

Staff member
Chris, that was always my belief & been the way on the cars in the we've had before, but apparently Torsen (Torque-Sensing) are different, they use a peculiar set of planet gears to achieve the slip-limiting when cold & at low revs the wheels will turn in opposite directions. You have to look into the driveshaft hole to see which they are or open them up.

250buggys

Chris, that was always my belief & been the way on the cars in the we've had before, but apparently Torsen (Torque-Sensing) are different, they use a peculiar set of planet gears to achieve the slip-limiting when cold & at low revs the wheels will turn in opposite directions. You have to look into the driveshaft hole to see which they are or open them up.
That's interesting Alan, not familiar with those Difs. Clever Japanese engineering.

250buggys

Interesting only 143 BHP where as the K series 1.8 VVT was 160 I seem to remember. That would have been fun in a Freestyle!

Danny

Administrator
Interesting only 143 BHP where as the K series 1.8 VVT was 160 I seem to remember. That would have been fun in a Freestyle!

I thought they were 135bhp and only the sp[ecial was 160..... I know the standard 18i was 125 bhp

Phaeton

Staff member
Have you still got the 160 engine or did you sell it on?
Yep it went, I'm short of space so I have to clear out as I go, it's like the the 1.6 coming out, I need to move it on, there's so many spares off the VVT I would keep if I had the space, brakes, suspension,