New dashboard in progress

250buggys

Hi Rob

Good work with the dash :)

I left plenty of room on mine to add some more of the smoked gauges, I just don't know if I can be bothered to hack into the wiring loom again. I left a few spare cores in but underestimated how many I would need.

These are the gauges I went with, they are totally black when the power is off.

Those classic mini rocker switches always go grey with the UV and look naff. They fall apart easily also. IVA friendly though.

I am fitting a starter button to my 7 but am doing away with the key ignition start and steering lock. It seems a bit pointless otherwise as you are just adding one more step to the starting process and making work for yourself by turning the ignition on first, removable steering wheel works much better as an immobiliser but not according to iVA.

Did you manage to get any seats for your buggy yet?

Chris :)

Danny

Administrator
Hi Rob

I left plenty of room on mine to add some more of the smoked gauges, I just don't know if I can be bothered to hack into the wiring loom again. I left a few spare cores in but underestimated how many I would need.

Those classic mini rocker switches always go grey with the UV and look naff. They fall apart easily also. IVA friendly though.

I am fitting a starter button to my 7 but am doing away with the key ignition start and steering lock. It seems a bit pointless otherwise as you are just adding one more step to the starting process and making work for yourself by turning the ignition on first, removable steering wheel works much better as an immobiliser but not according to iVA.

I have a starter button on the buggy... I have a key as well but that is hidden away and pretty much just use the big red key and starter button

robcoles

Hi Rob

I like the look of the black gauges. Post some pics when you get a chance 😊.
I’ve added a fuel warning light into the new dash do needed to put floats into the fire extinguisher fuel tanks. Also replaced the old rear lights with led’s and have a light bar to fit.
Unfortunately I’ve not sourced new seats yet

robcoles

Almost complete, just a case of tidying up a few cables

Attachments

• 079BC4B8-1EC7-44BB-AC74-9A5E8C90B8BD.jpeg
    079BC4B8-1EC7-44BB-AC74-9A5E8C90B8BD.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 7

Danny

Administrator
I sit on foam... and 2 bits of chequer plate... done 1000s of miles like that... dont hold you in great and some corners are interesting but it is comfy