ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap Discussion Thread

Danny

Administrator
Hi Alan, ha ha ha yeah I think even Pixar would of finished by now!! - I am aiming to have the buggy running ready for the last of my local car shows which is September, so the buggy is full stripped and is being collected today for powder coating and whilst its away (for approx 1 week) I have to service the engine clean it and paint and fir the new clutch - so no pressure :)

Cheers Danny - wait till you see it fully powder coated :)

Ive also decided to paint the alloy treadplate that im using for the floor - I'm going to try that Raptor textured black two pack paint and see if that works ok, its supposed to be pretty good stuff

Anyway Ill post some more pics soon

Rich

the rear of my landy is in raptor.. I am wearing it away now though....

Danny

Administrator
How long has it lasted Danny and did you acid etch the aluminium prior to applying the raptor?
I t was on when I bought it....

its lasting ok... but I have 3500 block pavers I moved and generally abused it for the last year :D

ChaosMS

I t was on when I bought it....

its lasting ok... but I have 3500 block pavers I moved and generally abused it for the last year :D
Ha ha ha in that case it must be pretty tough stuff then - i think it should do fine on the floor pan!!

ChaosMS

Been stripping the engine down to service and paint it, whilst the chassis is away and I have space - discovered the previous owner had snapped an exhaust stud in the block and put the broken bit back in on 2-3 threads - bloody cowboys!:mad:

So looks like I need some new exhaust manifold studs now, probably not a bad thing as when one goes the rest will :(

Will post some more pics soon, expecting the chassis back early next week - very exciting!!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Rich, what size are your headlights 5.75" or 7" I'm looking for some 5.75" ones, bought some off Fleecebay & they shittier than a very shitty thing.

ChaosMS

Hi Alan, they are 7" ones, i got mine from ebay and they are pretty impressive - paid around £50-60 i think

Phaeton

Staff member
Hi Alan, they are 7" ones, i got mine from ebay and they are pretty impressive - paid around £50-60 i think
Ah okay I have the LED lenses I just need the backs but they are very poor quality all the ones on Fleecebay but at £60ea from CBS I'm reluctant to buy

250buggys

Rich, what size are your headlights 5.75" or 7" I'm looking for some 5.75" ones, bought some off Fleecebay & they shittier than a very shitty thing.
Hi Alan, good thing about ebay is the returns policy is good, set up for buyers now, send them back and get your money back if you are not happy.

I bet Danny has some Freestyle front lights in his collection, an easy option to convert to LED with the 5.75" backs and the front parts that you need. 🙂

Also I remember Danny trying to once sell me his stainless exhaust which if he still has may be good for Lee's project minus the back box that he still is using.

groovylee

Hi Alan, good thing about ebay is the returns policy is good, set up for buyers now, send them back and get your money back if you are not happy.

I bet Danny has some Freestyle front lights in his collection, an easy option to convert to LED with the 5.75" backs and the front parts that you need. 🙂

Also I remember Danny trying to once sell me his stainless exhaust which if he still has may be good for Lee's project minus the back box that he still is using.
sounds like i need to tap Danny on the shoulder... :)

Danny

Administrator

hmmmm I may just have that somewhere.....

Phaeton

Staff member
Very good video Rich, your young un should be proud of himself, hopefully he gets at least an A for it.

ChaosMS

Cheers Fella's - he did do well and graduated this year, and was applying for jobs in editing just prior to graduation, 2 weeks after graduation he had two offers on the table (BBC and ITV) and in the end went with ITV (And im glad he did) and he started in August- hes a very happy lad now!! (and were very proud parents)

Danny

Administrator
Cheers Fella's - he did do well and graduated this year, and was applying for jobs in editing just prior to graduation, 2 weeks after graduation he had two offers on the table (BBC and ITV) and in the end went with ITV (And im glad he did) and he started in August- hes a very happy lad now!! (and were very proud parents)
nice, beats my editing abilities :D

250buggys

Hi Rich good to hear you are still plugging away and got the engine fired up. 😀

Looking forward to that video you have now promised us. 😀

I am sure the rough engine video was worth a watch as it is progress in the right direction.

I remember firing the Freestyle up for the first time without the silencer that Mr Waggon kindly sent me, sounded like a bag of nails but it meant a lot after all the work put in and all my neighbours at the last house were propper knob jockeys......