Recent content by FFTS

1. F

LOLA IS NOW SOLD!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the interest on here. She was paid for and collected at 1pm by a dealer from Wolverhampton via an old advert and saw the post here. I guess now I'm not officially a buggy owner but a Severner they I should vacate to Locost builders.. See you there some of you. Bye.
  2. F

1340cc Freestyle 2007 build for sale.. NOW REDUCED!!!

OK Decision made!!!  I have now got to 7 type kit cars.. a Tiger E1 and a 2B Robin Hood so something has to go and its LOLA. You can see the spec on previous posts or ask Alan about it as he put the new engine in with me and was the original builder. Ive kind of run out of time, steam and...
  3. F

1340cc Freestyle............ FOR SALE (LOLA) Alans old Mary

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1086727.htm Sensible offers considered.
  4. F

1340cc Freestyle............To sell or not to sell??????

I may be persuaded to part with Lola (formerly Mary) Alan Pheatons old lover. However I would be looking for 3k. The only reason I may be persuaded is my partner is fancying a more refined road car and wants a Robin hood/ Tiger Cat. She now has a 1340cc engine. Ultra lite flywheel and heavy duty...
  5. F

Lola dont want to turn over?? Help!!

I had been having some problems with Lola. I would charge the battery and she would start ok, go out for a drive maybe 20 mins and when turned off and tried to start again she wouldnt turn over just doing the whir whir routine. Id charge the battery again and same again, and again, and again. I...
  6. F

MOT required.

Went to re-tax Lola today. The DVLA had sent a reminder saying produce MOT certificate. Lola was registered in 2007 so thought I had 3 yrs before MOT required but its not the case. Went to the DVLA office in Preston and they said if the plate is age related i.e. from the donor mini then it...
  7. F

OIL pressure ??? what should it be?

OK Lolas up and running. Had some carb and wiring problems I think are solved now. Just wanted to ask if anyone knows what kind of oil pressure readings I should get at what revs. It seems to have dropped since the new engine was first fitted. Dont seem to have any problems just not sure why it...
  8. F

LOLA RIDES AGAIN.. (OK Alan.. Bloody Mary ,,haha)

Well Its in and mostly done so took Lola for a test drive around the streets and no problems apart from reverse is a little fuusy to select and theres the odd wire thats doesnt seem to have a home. She sound great and seem to drive FAST :) Anyway the new clutch turned into the following. 1340...
  9. F

Junior members club

Well in the short term Ive had Lola and been out in her I have noticed that she is a magnetic for kids of all ages. Any time kids are looking (with their parents) I let them get in a have a play. Its strangely satisfying to see their enthusiasm. Heres the first Junior member to start the club...
  10. F

Clutch flywheel removal

Well I said I know nothing but will learn fast. I have Lolas clutch cover off, engine jacked up, bolt removed, puller on and tightend with a 3 ft bar, hammered the bolt, tightened puller, hammered, tightend and on and on. Now it wont turn anymore and still cant pop the flywheel off??? Its a...
  11. F

Weber DCOE 40 setup.

Hi Everyone. Got myself a nice deal on a weber DCOE 40 and a 5" manifold. Can anyone tell me what jets, chokes and all the other gumf I need to setup for a 1275cc metro. Also if anyone sees or has a nice bargain for a suitable linkage that would be great.. or a k&n filter to fit. Im keeping my...
  12. F

1275 MG Metro going soon on ebay

Late i know but just spotted it here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... otohosting
  13. F

Lola is insured

Adrian Flux insurance. Me = 48, 8 yrs other no claims, 1 speeding fine, kept in garage, 3000 miles a year. Fully comp covers parts AND labour :) Legal insurance to 150,000 Toatal cost = £103 for 12 months. I think Lola is almost as happy as I.
  14. F

Length of exhaust pipe

I want to lift Lolas exhaust higher. Does shortening the pipe length have any effect on performance or does it HAVE to be a certain length?
  15. F

A QUESTION FOR RICHARD G

Hi Richard. I have to say at no diservice to anyone else and just personal taste.. I think you back end looks wonderful.. haha (no gay jokes please) I have come up with a design that builds on this and would like your help and advise on the checkerplate panel. What dimensions where and how is...