Recent content by groovylee

1. G

Hollier Mosquito resurrection - my first Buggy

not too much to update at the moment, as ive been busy at work. but i have been as busy on this as i can. so, the replacement oil pressure relief valve turned up, so fitted that, primed the pump as per some advice i was given, and we have oil pressure! oil flowed out of the rockers etc, so all...
  2. G

well the weekend came and went! brakes and boots stuff sorted on the ranger, so attention turned to the mosquito. a few of the ball joints were too tight for me to undo, so ordered the correct 1.5 socket. while we waited for that, we decided to set the static timing on the engine. cue much...
  3. G

first job yesterday was to replace these three. theyre probably ok for a rebuild, but the caps were stuck solid, and by the time i'd paid for the rebuild kit and new caps, it was cheaper to buy new ones. thats better! as the brakes are all still off, and im waiting on flexis, i couldn't do...
  4. G

alloy Rad has been procured, so we should be good there. i was hoping to get a bit done on the car tonight after work, but when i got home, the wife surprised me with a can of paint, and somehow managed to dupe me into painting the kitchen. she's got a stinking cold, so i guess i can forgive...
  5. G

managed to get a bit of time on the car over the last couple of nights. shocks looking a bit better now they have been cleaned up and given a lick of paint new CV boots going on the driveshafts and then finally, last night, this happened! poor light stopped play once we got the engine...
  6. G

Hollier Mosquito resurrection - my first Buggy Discussion Thread

It looks like there has been a second rad plumbed in on the other side at some point, so there is always that option I guess, it's just figuring out how I would do it. I suppose the simplest way would be to run them in series?
  7. G

Hollier Mosquito resurrection - my first Buggy Discussion Thread

it's definitely a 10 footer tbh. but then it is never going to be a show queen, considering its intended use... on the front mounted radiator - it is something i considered, but there isnt really a straightforward way of doing it. the fuel tank is in the minimal 'bonnet', and whilst i...
  8. G

ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap Discussion Thread

i'd be very interested if you do Danny :)
  9. G

and we're back on mini wheels :cool: or at least we will be when i get the shocks back on it...
  10. G

ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap Discussion Thread

sounds like i need to tap Danny on the shoulder... :)
  11. G

next up was opening up the footwell panel and getting some cleaning up and painting done in there. still lots to do, but it is getting there i want to tidy up all of the wiring, clean up the heater (so thats coming out), paint everything, and then sort out some sound deadening and coverings...
  12. G

this weekend was seat covering day... new foam was duly cut and glued to the seat shell, and then cushions cut and covered. it's not perfect, but then we're not upholsterers! i'd say it is functionally acceptable :-)
  13. G

new member with a Hollier Mosquito

I'm going for a 998 at the moment, mostly due to the budget, and the fact that my wife's mini only has a 998 in it, and if the mosquito got upgraded first she'd kill me 🤣
  14. G

next up was making sure that both myself, and the kids, could reach the pedals. the seats were bolted in, with the only adjustment being to unbolt, and then reposition the seats. that wouldn't do, so after checking i could sacrifice the headroom, i bought some low profile runners. these now...
  15. G

the first thing to tackle was that engine bay. i employed some child (and wife) labour, along with some leftover dark green hammerite, to clean up the rusty bits, remove all the flaky paint, and make it look a little more presentable, as well as protected. thats a bit better! whilst this...