Recent content by Jamriggsy

1. J

***SOLD***Early ABS freestyle for sale. MOT & TAX exempt

Hello all. If you al look back at my posts you'll see they are all few and far between which is actually kind of like how much use my buggy gets. Lol. Im the second owner. It was one of the early chassis. Can get the chassis number if needed. Its got a 1275 A series mini engine in which i was...
  2. J

Finally got to drive my buggy....awesome

So its been quite some time since my last post. Maybe almost a year. Ive been busy moving house so project were put on hold for a while. Anyway i had the oppertunity to drive my mates OMS at a clay pidgeon kart circuit and while i was at it i took the buggy which was a bit of a testing session...
  3. J

Cooling and expansion tank

Hey there. Finally getting around to finishing the little freestyle. Ive had a run up and down the lane and the 1st thing to comment on is which expansion tank to use. The current one obviously needs replacing but on a short 3 minutes up and down i was lucky that the tanks didnt split fully as i...
  4. J

Front panel with union jack

Hello all. Making some progress with the buggy now. Shouldn't be too long before I'm out and about. I decided to paint it blue (frame) and orange (mudgards and odd bits) but not sure about the front panel with union jack on. It might sound daft but is there any reason I should keep it original...
  5. J

Insurance?

Evening all  So I'm planning on being out and about or at least ready to be by the end of Feb. What insurance companies are people with and roughly how much can I expect to pay. 35 with no accidents etc and 10+ years no claims. Cheers
  6. J

Helloooo. Potential freestyle owner

Hi there. I'm looking at a freestyle on Saturday for a bit of a project and wondered if there's anything I should look out for in particular. Also It was first registered in 2003 and the v5 vehicle age date is 1969 as it has the 998 mini reg so I wondered if it comes under the new rollong 40 mot...