Search results

1. collie

Purple Pony For Sale

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to call time on my buggy adventures. Circumstances mean I have no time to work on it which is highly depressing. The buggy has been sat on decking in the garden under a tarp sheet for the last 3 years, that said it's in excellent condition, the engine...
  2. collie

Is there no end to my Slacker Status?

Apologies for not being very interactive whilst being a member of this great little forum, truth is I feel a bit of a fraud since I spend so little time in teh garage and only have a rolling chassis to show for it after 4 years work! :-[ I tend to read but don't post mostly and should learn to...
  3. collie

Fantasy F1

I'm running the Fantasy F1 at my place of work for another year and wondered if you guys were interested again in doing it again this year. I'll try to do a bit more towards it this time like I did for my work, whereby I gave updates for everyone charting how well people were doing etc. No...
  4. collie

Woolies

Awesome little company selling all the little bits needed to "finish" things off... www.woolies-trim.co.uk
  5. collie

Verto Slave Clutch...

I got some vouchers for my birthday and have been looking for some bits to buy and was looking at slave clutch cylinder, but then I thought I'll need a hose, but the verto one is a banjo and I have no idea how I could connect this to the clutch pipe? Am I being thick or am I missing something...
  6. collie

Gear selector rod and peripherals - Fitting

I spent a bit of undocumented time in the garage yesterday and was trial fitting the Gear change rod and selector. First of all, how do you manage for clearance, mine was rubing on the chassis and the sump (although i've not cut the gear rod to any length as it says in the build manual? Also...
  7. collie

Out with the old...

...and in with the new! Well, not exactly new, but I thought I would share with you the purchase of my new daily runner. I can now swap stories with children on the plethora of Saxo forums... Actually, probably not, seems I'll only be able to get on advice on what the best alchopop is to but or...
  8. collie

Engine Steady's

I've been trying to work out what I need for engine steady's, I have a top steady bar, (just the bar!) but nothing else. Checked out Moss Europe to get an idea of price (I know they're more expensive than anywhere else in the world!) and cos they have excellent pictures of the components I need...
  9. collie

V5 Buggery

I have been gathering up all my documentation and had a mini panic about my donor having to be made SORN. Thankfully it was excluded from that, but during my investigations I found that my engine number does not match what it says on the V5C!!! Seems I bought the donor with a donor engine!  :-\...
  10. collie

Collie's Freestyle Buggy Discussion thread.

Thought I'd start one since never had one before.  ::)
  11. collie

Stuck in Krakow...

Hey guys want a good laugh? Due to the Icelandic Volcano, I'm stuck in Poland with a work colleague that I cannot stand, and to make matters worse, there's Prohibition in Krakow due to the state funeral, so I've not had any alcohol since Friday evening! Aaaaaghh!!! I feel like I'm losing the...
  12. collie

Free Advertising...

In order to while the hours away when I am travelling I play a little game called BATracer, it's a racing manager game. There's a tool you can purchase to help with gameplay, and as an option you can purchase a number of advertising "pixels" which gives you the tool for "free", so I hope Danny...
  13. collie

Blitz 2 with A Series Engine, already SVA'd

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300342401573
  14. collie

If only I had the space!

BUGS!
  15. collie

Garage Component Insurance...

I just called Adrian flux to get an idea of insurance for my part built, can't remember the term they used, but I guess it's insurance for my bag'o'bits. They quoted me £42 and I estimated the parts cost at £3000. Unfortunatly, they wouldn't insure me because the car is not kept at my home...
  16. collie

Odd looking beast

Found this oddity: Looks like a Metro front end on a Blitz chassis with a Honda Engine though? 2 LITRE MONSTER?
  17. collie

collie's E-Bike Build Diary

I got wind today that my parts have arrived, I'm in Poland so quite excited to get home and go and open the box! So to get the ball rolling, I thought I'd do some introductory blurb: In the box is an "Easy to install hub motor conversion kit for 26" wheel mountain bike" It is a brushed front...
  18. collie

IVA Post April 2010

Max and I have the same goal, completion of buggies prior to April 2010. However, i don't think I will be ready. Not to despair. I had an idea about firewalls that I ran past Alan, and if I can get my butt into gear and make a nice mock-up as an example for VOSA, I'm hoping it could be accepted...
  19. collie

Steering Wheel Size

I've been browsing Binbay recently and seen I can get a nice steering wheel for next to nothing! Quandry I have is wheel size... I'm looking at Classic styled Mountney wheels, but some are 12" and some are 13". What size are you guys using and are there any pro/cons to a smaller/larger wheel?
  20. collie

Mini Based Blitz on offer

Looks like a tidy build... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140335954769&viewitem=&salenotsupported