Search results

1. 250buggys

wonder who remembers me.

I haven't seen any Freestyles come up for sale recently, they use to pop all the time.
  2. 250buggys

Melvin the Mev Mevster Discussion Thread

Yes really sorry to hear about that, looks expensive and frustrating. Was really windy here too Alan.
  3. 250buggys

***Freestyle Buggy for sale*** SOLD

Agree, what a great little project. Has been done to a high standard I wonder who had it from original, the fire extinguisher tank is on my Freestyle. 70 mile range.
  4. 250buggys

Lotus 7 (Replica) Build

Have been waiting for a weather window to get some paint on the centre console, nothing but rain at the moment. Bit better today 😃 Can get the switch gear fitted and wired now. Will be a nice empty dash with only the lights, heated driver's seat, charging port and ignition switch...
  5. 250buggys

***Freestyle Buggy for sale*** SOLD

Looks like a fun project for someone to finish, without a V5C probably only £800 at best. IVA is too expensive! Interesting to see what the windscreen looks like as that is non standard.
  6. 250buggys

Lotus 7 (Replica) Build

Looking at the attachment I just saw I have no supply to the reverse light. Its been like this most of the day, but progress..... Another revision on the way. There are so many relays due to the steering wheel 8 buttons. Every button drives 250mA max which is plenty to switch a relay but not...
  7. 250buggys

Lotus 7 (Replica) Build

Did a bit (a lot) on my fuse box over Xmas as the weather was rub and could sit indoors wiring. I am getting right to the stage where I need it fitted so I can get all the wiring terminated. I keep grabbing a piece of A4 out of the printer and designing it and adding and getting rid of bits...
  8. 250buggys

Seats

Hi Alan, funny how we both have a thing for seats. These Noble seats are a bit special...
  9. 250buggys

Seats

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145601837008
  10. 250buggys

Lotus 7 (Replica) Build Discussion

Masking tape and a sharpie 😃
  11. 250buggys

Yes agree, on the Freestyle build I used seperate mini rocker style switches. Could have been a lot quicker and easier if I had did what Wagon did and used a multi switch, thats what gave me the idea for the 7. Now 3D printing is accessable making radius friendly designs means there is scope to...
  12. 250buggys

Great work Rich. Funny we both chose the same lighting switch 😃
  13. 250buggys

Lotus 7 (Replica) Build

Still wiring, all pre-comissioned, all tested and works. Just commoning up main, dipped and side lights to run ithem back and sorting out the frame grounds. Just trying to make a nice neat tidy job of it all. Still having lots of fun! 😃 I am glad I bought this kit when I did as with interest...
  14. 250buggys

Hi Alan, thanks. I have been doing a bit of research and the MOT looks like the easier part. Q plate is visual test only but IVA probably needs the cat and a map to get me through, as you said. Hopefully should be able to pull it off ok I remember back in the day seeing Q plates every other...
  15. 250buggys

Lotus 7 (Replica) Build

Rad now not leaking but looking at this fan mounting design I am going to change it. The cooling area lost to the fins from the fan and bracket is significant. I am sure it probably would be ok but it would be a lot more efficient if the fan was moved behind the rad and changed to a pull...
  16. 250buggys

It's nice I can have a bit of a play with this one Alan, couldn't afford the £2.5K to buy one. Its difficult to know how to spec one as there are so many. 3D modelling is fun, I probably would have just had my design printed and sent in the post, the chap at work showed me how to slice it and...
  17. 250buggys

Lotus 7 (Replica) Build

Going to use a multi switch in the 7 to save loads of messing about. Side lights, dipped, front and rear fogs all on one switch. Needed to make a bezel to give it a nice IVA friendly radius edge. So I knocked up one in Inventor. Popped over to see the R&D guys and borrowed their 3D printer...
  18. 250buggys

Lotus 7 (Replica) Build

Finished off the wiring on the rear junction box. All rear lights tested and working 😃 Alternator re-located to exhaust side dip stick holder re-located as it hits the water rail. Filled up with oil and water, rad leaking Grr.
  19. 250buggys

Bah Humbug the lot of you

You to Alan, Merry Christmas 😃 Hows the new project going?
  20. 250buggys

ChaosMotorSport MKII Buggy Engine Swap Discussion Thread

Good work Rich, quick once around the block will be fun!😃