Air-Scoop for radiator....

Buggybloke

I'm planning on making up an air scoop for my radiator, to direct a better flow of air through it, rather than past it, as it is at th moment, it is mounted on 2 vertical struts, welded onto one of the n/s/r chassis tubes, so it is still on the camchain end of the engine, but higher up, with the radiator base almost level with the thermostat housing, but still in line with the original position of the rad. Air-flow moves past it, when driving, and the real cooling is taken care of a huge sucky fan from a VW Passat, this fan just fits inside the original mini fan cowling, with the fan only 3mm or so from the rad, when running it sucks small children, and passing dogs against the radiator! It's not ideal to have the fan running all the time when at normal running temp, so I'm going to fabricate a scoop to mount at 90 deg to the front edge of the rad, I'm guessing that it won't need to be the full width of the rad's widest dimension, because it'll have a sort of 'Ram-effect', whilst buggy is travelling at speed, so initially I'm going for 1/2 the width, and roughly just over 3/4 the height, of the rad, giving an opening of about 6"x10". The scoop's opening is directly in the airflow's path along the n/s of the buggy, so should get a good intake of passing wind (ooer!, more tea Vicar?...lol!). I'll post some picks up as soon as I get it made...