big wide wheels on the back of my blitz off roader

swifthalf

this is what i want how do i do it im running 12 inch mini wheels with grasss tyres at the mo but i want some width on the back i cant go 10 inch with out changing rear discs as i have 8.4 inch discs im looking to go somthing like this how do i do it and what wheels will these fit http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-ARTRAX-CO ... Quad_Trike my current wheels are 12 x 5 steels mini or wider if poss as im only using off road whant loads of grip in the slipy stuff as by the time im ready to take her out shes going to get a bit wet me thinks lol as the winters here now

jim600

Ive always worked on quad tyres being no more than 3" wider than the rim. So a 10" wide atv tyre needs a 7" wide rim. etc

That said 12x7 mini wheels are hard to get hold of, so you could probably get away with some 12x6 or 12x6.5 steel weller wheels - regularly come up on ebay for 50 quid or so. 99% of utility quads/utvs run 12x7 or wider with 8-12" wide tyres. quad wheels wont fit as most are 4x110 pcd in 12" fitment.

So 6x12 wellers, make sure a 10" wide tyre is going to clear the shock/frame etc - otherwise youll need to up the offset on the wheel.

other options are spacers/adapters/re-drilling quad rims or malatesa make good mud tyres for 13" mini wheels. (thats what we have on our blitz).

Dont spend 150 quid on quad tyres, they regularly pop up for sale on ebay/quad forums for 50 quid per pair and will last forever if just used on wet mud/grass.

OR even easier. You could just run 24x8-12 quad tyres on your existing rims but not as wide as 25x10-12.

swifthalf

thanks jim i will watch ebay like a hawk mate just cant wait to take her out as iv got a mate who thinks shes a joke as hes a 4x4 nut and just want to prove him wrong as he thinks she wont be very capable

jim600

swifthalf":1rfxynil said:
thanks jim i will watch ebay like a hawk mate just cant wait to take her out as iv got a mate who thinks shes a joke as hes a 4x4 nut and just want to prove him wrong as he thinks she wont be very capable

:) Did you find out if Coney green would be interested in letting the buggies on? I know they are 100% still open/operating. 8)

swifthalf

no but i could pop up the weekend and see if you want as i cant get a number for them the blitz is ready enough for a test run now so could do with taking it out to see if there are any probs with it

jim600

swifthalf":3vmjjc2w said:
no but i could pop up the weekend and see if you want as i cant get a number for them the blitz is ready enough for a test run now so could do with taking it out to see if there are any probs with it

I'd be up for a trip there if they are open to buggies, its only 10 mins down the road. If not - when out track is cut again your welcome to test here, but its under about 6ft of bush/grass at the moment, itll be cut before the winter - next few weeks.