BIVA information and fee's

Paul

Hopefully the links will come out but the latest draft manual and info is here. Money grabbing Barstewards. Even i know inflation has not gone up by that much!

BIVA info and costs £450 + £90 retest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For info the latest copy of the draft IVA manual can be downloaded here,

http://www.transportoffice.gov.uk/cr...-Cars-V3.2.pdf

Get a legit copy for free and i suggest you keep checking for any updates.

Details of 'Proposed fees' are here.

http://www.dvtani.gov.uk/uploads/veh...sedIVAFees.pdf

jason_l

Dam thats expensive!  :eek: :eek: :eek:

Money grabbing gits, Looks like im going to have to take my time as well then and make sure i can try and get a pass first time £90 retest fee is also a joke!

Thanks for the info Paul,

Oh and the links don't work  ;D

Jason :p

Phaeton

Staff member
There is an interesting spin on this, there are documents out there that say an amateur build (kitcar) will not have to go through a IVA but a BIVA which means the cost will only be £199 with a £40 retest fee. However I do think they are just clutching at straws at the moment,

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":1tzcjm4n said:
There is an interesting spin on this, there are documents out there that say an amateur build (kitcar) will not have to go through a IVA but a BIVA which means the cost will only be £199 with a £40 retest fee. However I do think they are just clutching at straws at the moment,

Alan...

What i don't understand is that they are not taking anymore SVA applications and are now saying that you have to go for a IVA. Yet they are still bringing out new drafts of the IVA and there is no final copy! How can they be training people at test centres for the IVA switchover when it may change? Seems like this is going to be a complete balls up!

Luckily im so far off of IVA/BIVA (or whatever its going to be) that by the time i get to mine they hopefully will have sorted there game out!!!!

Jason :p