blitz 1 and iva

gnc

hello, sorry if this has been asked before, ive got an old blitz 1 mini based frame. before i start throwing money at it, has any one got one of these through an IVA. or am i just wasting my time and effort. geof

Radar

geof you can get it through the IVA just comply with the rules the IVA is pretty comprehensive and depends on what state its in and what needs doing to it and how much all that will cost ......

once you can answer that question it's up to youi whether the effort and expense are worth it to you

just my two cents worth

Radar

gnc

thanks for replying. yep i realise anything is possible. it is the basic frame acceptable or are there any major things unacceptable. previouse experience would be very helpfull in my decision. . last kit car i registered meant an mot and a local police officer walking around the vehicle.

Lilspeed

If the question is "will a Blitz 1 kit pass IVA?", then I think the answer will probably be no, because like a Freestyle, it was designed only to pass SVA.
But, like a Freestyle, there's no reason it can't be modified in the correct way to pass IVA. So the real question is, do you have the tools, skills, or funds to make it pass IVA.

My advice would be to download a copy of the IVA manual from the DVSA website and have a good read.
Then take a look over my build thread for my Freestyle which was built for IVA, and Wagon's excellent build thread for his in which the IVA process is described, and see if it's something you think you can tackle.

HTH :)

Phaeton

Staff member
I'm going to slightly disagree here, there have been Freestyle's that have passed the IVA, therefore thinking laterally Blitz's must be able to as well. I'm fairly sure I have seen several on Fleecebay that have been IVA'd.

It's 5-6 years since I last put a buggy through & that was SVA rather than IVA, the rules have changed, but I think when we have discussed it in the past it all came down to the so called sharp edges. On SVA the cockpit/driver area was not tested much, I seem to remember the IVA was a little more specific.

There is also the cost, from £200 up to £500 for the test & from £35 to £90 for the re-test (you will need this unless you are very good)

In short, yes it can be done, can you do it? do you want to do it? can you afford to do it? only you can decide on that.

If you do decide then start a project thread, put up lots of pictures, if any of us see anything that we feel needs attention I'm sure we'll let you know. It would be good to see some new builds starting again, it's been a bit quiet on here.

gnc

thanks for all the replies, i think it basicaly isnt finacialy viable, so will prob give idea a miss . best to look for a complete buggy.

wagon

My 2 cents- I didn't feel the Iva was tooooo bad. If u do what the book says you'll have no problem.

My overall thought would be "could this hurt someone else". Apply that to all the outside bits and you are most of the way there