Blitz 2 buggie rebuild Discussion Thread

Boilerman

61454366-B5B6-4CD8-B73B-78D52C56A0F3.jpegC079F8C1-A669-43EB-8C99-C2626EAD7290.jpegD6BADA04-E1C2-4FBB-BEB7-3E72DC1FF96C.jpegNew gear linkage using new uj and closer fitting sliding components, all painted and installed. Two gearbox steady bars fitted.

Boilerman

A77ED61D-6507-482E-A04F-87E1589EA0B0.jpegCB724F97-25FC-45B7-A206-5859C8CDACB3.jpegAccelerator and choke cable supports within the engine bay to minimise the risk of an IVA fail due to unsupported cables.

250buggys

Bling -bling, good work with your re-build. Looks like your pockets are a bit deeper than mine! Attention to detail is on par with my OCD addiction.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted but bet you wish you had a freestyle buggy!

Loving your colour style, braver than my choices but I am thinking about keeping spare cans when the surface rust appears. Did you powder coat anything?

Good stuff, keep the posts comming, good to see someone is contributing to the forum in a positive manner. Good motivation for all buggy owners.

Boilerman

Thanks 250, it is very enjoyable doing all the work, most of the bling is just paint. The coating is POR paint system, very tough.

250buggys

Your work inspires me, if things go to plan ill have a garage and a nice little workshop soon, so can set up a spray booth in a couple of months, so my buggy will have a better home and facilities. Just winging it at present, in a knock up shed.

Looks like you are are a pro, is this your first IVA or are we running together?

Boilerman

Certainly not a pro, this is my first build, lots of info on the forum and the IVA manual helps at times if you can work out what they mean. I think I have a couple of years yet to completion.

Phaeton

Staff member
Yep looks really nice, I don't do nice I do make do, but a nice looking buggy turning up at IVA does help, it sets the right impression that you've taken care.