Bloody IVA

jason_l

Hi Everyone,

Just been looking over the IVA draft (version 3) over the last few days and i thought i would make you all feel a bit better, even if it doesn't make me feel better!

As you know i am fitting the 1.3T starlet engine and its from a 94 plate, i miss out on one year! if only it was a 93 model!

I now have to fit a Catylitic converter in the exhaust system, this will obviously be taken out afterwards. however this means that i have to meet stricter emisions for IVA.

This also means that i have to fit a sleeve into the petrol tank filler so that the diesel nozzle will not fit into it, and i haven't read the draft completely yet but its likely to mean more changes for me!

I haven't had a chance to check my Acewell speedo yet to see what this is like and i was planning on fitting an alarm and imobaliser anyway so this hasen't upset me to much.

Thats it, rant over for the moment!  :D

Jason :p

Mini Mad Max

I was just reading CKC mag and an article on the toniq r. They are doing a complete re-vamp, but they have had to change the body alot because of IVA specifications, how the hell can they be preparing for that if barely anyone knows what they are yet?! I have all together stopped caring about IVA and then work on my fails until i pass ::)
They is sooo silly!
Max

jason_l

Mini Mad Max":15rsts4o said:
I was just reading CKC mag and an article on the toniq r. They are doing a complete re-vamp, but they have had to change the body alot because of IVA specifications, how the hell can they be preparing for that if barely anyone knows what they are yet?! I have all together stopped caring about IVA and then work on my fails until i pass ::)
They is sooo silly!
Max

I would be doing the same Max but i want to keep a close eye on IVA while im building the thing, if there is stuff i can change now rather than redesigning the whole thing later. But like you say, when they haven't sorted their game out yet its hard to tell what to do.

Im currently just working on things i know will be fine, rebuilding brakes, pendulum pedal box, rebuilding toyota engine etc and hopefully by the time i get to the more finer details there should be a final version of the IVA, but who knows, they don't seem to be able to sort anything!  :mad: :mad: :mad:

Phaeton

Staff member
The 'GO LIVE' version is now available, which strangely enough is called Version 1.0 so you are probably reading Version 0.3.0 but it can be found HERE not read all of it, don't like reading from the screen, but can't bring myself to print out all 261 pages on my inkjet.

Alan...

jason_l

Phaeton":2xgemwx9 said:
The 'GO LIVE' version is now available, which strangely enough is called Version 1.0 so you are probably reading Version 0.3.0 but it can be found HERE not read all of it, don't like reading from the screen, but can't bring myself to print out all 261 pages on my inkjet.

Alan...

Thanks Alan, great help! So this is it? no more changes/updates/revisions?

Jason :p

Mini Mad Max

As far as i'm concerned, is that they have kept it relativly similar to sva, same radius rules, same braking tests, same noise tests. Only a few things are different, the fuel tank bulkhead thing, thats no problem though, and there being no exempt zones, this just means i will need to use a load of bolt covers. Suspension might be a bit of a pain, but i will complain if they are going to be pencil pushers with no common sense!
So if our buggies do go in as BIVA does that mean that it was cheaper than IVA? That would make it a bit less bitter :D
Max

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":3mpva7wb said:
So if our buggies do go in as BIVA does that mean that it was cheaper than IVA? That would make it a bit more less bitter :D
Max

Unfortunately not, I got a newsletter from VOSA yesterday & they specify Kitcars as Passenger Cars M1 (No more than 8 seats in addition to the driver's seat) Class C which is £450.00 with £90.00 retest.

They also have introduced a rule that states an engine that is not the original at point of manufacture will need more evidence of being fitted to the donor car than just being listed on the V5C (e.g. photographic evidence) will be required.

Alan....

HolyCount

Phaeton":3iactvb6 said:
Mini Mad Max":3iactvb6 said:
So if our buggies do go in as BIVA does that mean that it was cheaper than IVA? That would make it a bit more less bitter :D
Max

Unfortunately not, I got a newsletter from VOSA yesterday & they specify Kitcars as Passenger Cars M1 (No more than 8 seats in addition to the driver's seat) Class C which is £450.00 with £90.00 retest.

They also have introduced a rule that states an engine that is not the original at point of manufacture will need more evidence of being fitted to the donor car than just being listed on the V5C (e.g. photographic evidence) will be required.

Alan....

I think I will give up now  :-\ :-\  Where does it refer to this in the manual ????

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":1td3lb6p said:
Mini Mad Max":1td3lb6p said:
Max

Alan....
My mini was a mini 1000, but it said on the v5 that it was a 1275 and it even had the engine number, so can i not just prove that the engine was from that car because of the engine number in the V5c?
I have a picture, but it's to vague to tell :-\
Max

jason_l

HolyCount":tifc5yo5 said:
Phaeton":tifc5yo5 said:
Mini Mad Max":tifc5yo5 said:
Max

Alan....

I think I will give up now  :-\ :-\  Where does it refer to this in the manual ????

Think you will be ok Kev, the engine, shell your having from me will be supplied with with V5c and the chassis plate from the car plus im sure i have some pictures somewhere of the engine bay of the car and it being removed from the car etc.

Luckily the engine im putting in hasn't been taken out of the donor car yet so i can get it all photographed of it being taken out, with the buggy in the background for extra safe measure  ;D

HolyCount

jason_l":2oqktnhe said:
HolyCount":2oqktnhe said:
Phaeton":2oqktnhe said:
Mini Mad Max":2oqktnhe said:
Max

Alan....

Think you will be ok Kev, the engine your having from me will be supplied with with V5c and the chassis plate from the car plus im sure i have some pictures somewhere of the engine bay of the car and it being removed from the car etc.

Luckily the engine im putting in hasn't been taken out of the donor car yet so i can get it all photographed of it being taken out, with the buggy in the background for extra safe measure  ;D

Jason -- you are a god !  ;D ;D ;D  Wonder what else they are going to throw at us !!!  I really ought to sit and study this manual now that it is "Live" --- but cannot sit and read off the screen --- better bite the bullet and print it --- but am not yet confident they won't still change it !!!!!!

jason_l

HolyCount":32ahei5v said:
jason_l":32ahei5v said:
HolyCount":32ahei5v said:
Phaeton":32ahei5v said:
Mini Mad Max":32ahei5v said:
Max

Alan....

Think you will be ok Kev, the engine your having from me will be supplied with with V5c and the chassis plate from the car plus im sure i have some pictures somewhere of the engine bay of the car and it being removed from the car etc.

Jason -- you are a god !   ;D ;D ;D  Wonder what else they are going to throw at us !!!  I really ought to sit and study this manual now that it is "Live" --- but cannot sit and read off the screen --- better bite the bullet and print it --- but am not yet confident they won't still change it !!!!!!

I too haven't printed it yet as i don't trust them. With regards to the pictures i will have a look for them, im pretty certain i have at least some pics of the car and the remains of the car are currently in my mates garden waiting to be turned into a BBQ so i can get pictures of the remains!

The hole reason i have been doing a build thread is because it motivates me to post up every week and constantly reminds myself to take pictures ALL THE TIME!!!! I have hundreds of build pictures so i don't think i will have a problem prooving its an ameteur build!