Come in Slacker Max your time is up

Phaeton

Staff member
We all know Max is the biggest slacker on the forum & that it is expected that his grandkids are born before he finally finishes his buggy.
For those that don't know him, he first saw a Freestyle when he was at junior school & saved up his pocket money & finally bought a brand new chassis when he was in the last couple of years at comprehensive school. Since then he attended 6th form college, a real college, university & was one of the lucky ones who armed with a useless piece of paper saying he had a degree finally got a job at McDonalds.

Joking aside, this proposal could mean he actually has to get his finger out of whichever orifice it's been in the last few years.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... safety.pdf

The wording is not good, but it effectively seems that any vehicle that is going through IVA the engine will have to pass the emissions test for a vehicle being registered that year, not as currently is on the engine year. There could also but not mentioned there also mean they may get different VED rates.

wagon_1.0

Kit cars
4.10 Kit cars and reconstructed classic cars undergoing IVA will not be required to
meet WLTP, given that at present they are not required to meet NEDC or the
latest EU standards. Instead they are tested to age-appropriate MOT standards,
on the basis of the date of manufacture or first use of the engine.
4.11 We are proposing that for kit cars, compliance with the MOT emissions standards
current at the date of registration will be required, despite the use of an older
engine. In other words the current relaxation for emissions according to the age
of the engine will no longer apply.
4.12 Reconstructed (restored) classic cars undergoing IVA will not be required to meet
the latest MOT standards, as long as the appearance of the vehicle is broadly
unchanged and the engine is of the same capacity as that supplied with the
vehicle when it was new.
4.13 When new vehicles were first required to be fitted with catalytic converters
around 1992 (Euro 1 emissions standard), kit car makers typically used older
engines which were not fitted with catalytic converters, hence the justification for
age-appropriate testing of emissions based on date of engine manufacture or
first use. The majority of the fleet is now vehicles up to 25 years old whose
engines are fitted with catalytic converters, providing plenty of choice to the kit
car builder.

classic engines - 998, R1 engine 998, problem solved :D

Phaeton

Staff member
wagon_1.0":4fgnneye said:
classic engines - 998, R1 engine 998, problem solved :D

That's not how I read 4.11 although it is somewhat contradictory to 4.10

Mini Mad Max

Yeah, I can't make any sense of those contradictory points. It will no doubt be ammended several times like the IVA was. It's still a good line in the sand though... I wonder how much was left to do on the buggy. It's been a while since I lifted the cover off.... ;)

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":3689ly77 said:
I wonder how much was left to do on the buggy. It's been a while since I lifted the cover off.... ;)
It's all that right hand polishing you've been doing rather than getting on with the build

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":3fgzmtmj said:
Mini Mad Max":3fgzmtmj said:
I wonder how much was left to do on the buggy. It's been a while since I lifted the cover off.... ;)
It's all that right hand polishing you've been doing rather than getting on with the build
BAHAHAHAHAHA!! ;D I got impatient and bought a fun car that actually works, until I dug a little deeper and it turned out to be another project ::)

Mini Mad Max

Danny":2kls135d said:
what did you buy?
A Renault Clio 182 with the cup pack. It's nuts, I love it! Only problem is that French metal is a bit susceptible to tin worm. I've been putting everything right so that I can drive it regularly year round without having to worry of rust spreading throughout!

ChaosMS

typical government documentation that does not make sense and contradicts itself !!! - best wait and see what gets added to the IVA

Danny

Administrator
Mini Mad Max":39oqjika said:
Danny":39oqjika said:
what did you buy?
A Renault Clio 182 with the cup pack. It's nuts, I love it! Only problem is that French metal is a bit susceptible to tin worm. I've been putting everything right so that I can drive it regularly year round without having to worry of rust spreading throughout!
Ah nice.... they are quite quick as well :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk