Danny's K Series Conversion Project Discussion Thread

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":11zc7wyh said:
Look a bit professional Danny, are you sure you did it?

Danny":11zc7wyh said:
723b9c0c58bfcd93d67c7743207ced03.jpg

lol I know :D

Spent hours fettling and messing about.. amazing what can be done when there is no pressure :D

Phaeton

Staff member
wagon_1.0":14ufehie said:
are they actually any good?
It's going to be funny watching him trying to get in/out, then if he can ,planning the route so there are no bumps in the road more than 10mm high

Mini Mad Max

I saw a man show off in one at Stoneleigh. He took off full throttle and the thing swapped ends very suddenly. He nearly went backwards into a bin store. I think most drivers couldn't extract the maximum potential of a Lotus Elise, let alone an Ultima.

Phaeton

Staff member
Mini Mad Max":19tiv0dz said:
I think most drivers couldn't extract the maximum potential of a Lotus Elise, let alone an Ultima.
Remember this is the man who gave his name to the Danny Bar

Danny

Administrator
Mini Mad Max":pw3loq4k said:
Sounds like you're becoming a wheeler dealer [emoji14] Why the Ultima instead of Porsche now?
Porsche are too common... I want one one day but for the same money I can get an Ultima or an r8.....

I am a bit off yet buying anything really... got 5 years to smash this mortgage out :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
wagon_1.0":2fb84tp7 said:
I have always had a bit of a hankering for an ultima

From what I gather yep :)

Danny

Administrator
Mini Mad Max":uph4wepz said:
I saw a man show off in one at Stoneleigh. He took off full throttle and the thing swapped ends very suddenly. He nearly went backwards into a bin store. I think most drivers couldn't extract the maximum potential of a Lotus Elise, let alone an Ultima.
Yeah very true :)

Lol I don't want to own one for long... but it is on mybucket list... see how that all pans out

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2o4me3t3 said:
Mini Mad Max":2o4me3t3 said:
I think most drivers couldn't extract the maximum potential of a Lotus Elise, let alone an Ultima.
Remember this is the man who gave his name to the Danny Bar
Lol... Let's not forget the lack of brake lights and change of decision:)

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":3qulkwvn said:
wagon_1.0":3qulkwvn said:
It's going to be funny watching him trying to get in/out, then if he can ,planning the route so there are no bumps in the road more than 10mm high
Lol we did not buy a house down a road because of the speed bumps... even the z4 scrapes on those....

Not even sure my garage is wide enough either :-/

Danny

Administrator
wagon_1.0":96tz9q22 said:
How long will it stay nice and clean....

lol it is already dirty :D Got teh benches out of my old garage and into the new today :D

Tomorrow I need to get the walls repainted and then the floor painted :D

wagon_1.0

looking at your extension lead, I wonder how i put up with that arrangement for so long :D

was usually fine, my old man mowed it a couple of times a year which was a bit annoying :D

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":6y5u1zpy said:
Once didn't unreel my extension lead fully & used the welder, it melted the lead ;D ;D
The extension lead is fullly un reeled... i melted a couple in the past