Does camber change with wheel size?

Skirrow

Had my buggy on 12" knackered old wheels while I've been building it. The back always had visible positive camber.

Just put the 10" wheels on it and all of a sudden the positive camber looks way worse, almost comical.

So does camber change with wheel size or is it just an optical illusion?

Phaeton

Staff member
Not sure is my answer, logically I can't see how it can, I would have thought bigger wheels would make it look worse. Have you moved the buggy since dropping it back down on the ground, it could just be the suspension has not settled.

Alan...

Skirrow

Phaeton":23lbr91c said:
Not sure is my answer, logically I can't see how it can, I would have thought bigger wheels would make it look worse. Have you moved the buggy since dropping it back down on the ground, it could just be the suspension has not settled.

Alan...

Jumped up and down on it a bit if that counts!

I've printed esdebes camber gauge from here, so I'll check with that, but no idea how to use it. Don't suppose you could give me a step by step guide could you?

Once suspension/wheels are sorted it'll be ready for "testing" in a field. Will be the first time I would have driven the thing that has been sat in my garage for 7 years.... excited isn't the word...  ;D ;D ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Skirrow":2sv76srz said:
"testing" in a field.

VIDS, VIDS, VIDS,VIDS, VIDS, VIDS, VIDS, VIDS, VIDS,VIDS, VIDS, VIDS

I'm as excited as you, yours was one of the first one I ever saw before I built my first one.

Alan...

CAW

Muckier the better................. ::), with mud ;)

Well done Dave for getting this far, do I get the credit, lol. Still no further on with mine I'm afraid, still needs welding back together, Just waiting on Andy Baloo, It's like 100 miles away. :'(

Andy

Skirrow

Cheers Andy, yes you definitely get some credit there. Been on my mind since you came over and once the nice weather arrived I couldnt resist!