Earthing Gremlin

Danny

Administrator
I have an earthing gremlin....

Sometimes the buggy will just not start... then after pondering about it will suddenly fire into life and then all will be well for a while...

Well tonight it was doing just that and so I decided to look deeper and after jiggling the earth strap that goes from the battery to the chassis then onto the engine it fires into life...

the cables look good...

Any ideas?

Phaeton

Staff member
Remove both end & make sure they are clean then refasten, it may not be that one although if you're playing with it & it makes a difference it could be, but also check the chassis to engine earth. The battery to chassis one was the one that caught be out a while ago, but as usual it was my own fault. All I done was removed the insulation, splayed the wire & then bolted that to the chassis over the period of 9 years something had corroded.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":uer9hqo2 said:
Remove both end & make sure they are clean then refasten, it may not be that one although if you're playing with it & it makes a difference it could be, but also check the chassis to engine earth. The battery to chassis one was the one that caught be out a while ago, but as usual it was my own fault. All I done was removed the insulation, splayed the wire & then bolted that to the chassis over the period of 9 years something had corroded.

Yeah I think what I will do is run 2 earth wires as I think where I repainted a few bits I have now insulated it so not doing to well at earthing.

So will run one direct to the chassis then run another to the gearbox that way I know for sure that it is perfect... the way I had it before was a bit questionable.

Danny

Administrator
Had her running today though and she is running perfect so might take her to goodwood next weekend for a blast :D