First for sale in a long time

250buggys

Yes I was looking at this, will make a nice project for someone. Looks like all the important bits are there and road registered.

Just needs putting back together, he wants £2K for it. Get round there with 1500 and get it bought.

Leigh1299

I’m watching this , that’s the older chassis type from the pics
Doesn’t have the mounts for the wing mirrors .
good project or spares …….could do with the rear mud guards myself

Phaeton

Staff member
I'd disagree with you, I think it's one of Dave's chassis's due to the radius of the roll cage, the earlier ones weren't as curved, if you compare Steve's buggy (Yellow) with Danny's (Orange) the top radius is more like the one for sale

250buggys

Like Alan said you can use any kit car cycle wings for the front or rear on a Freestyle.

Mine were in a right state when I got them. I have a boat so used to working with fibreglass, it's pretty simple to repair with some glass matt, resin and filler., any cracks drill out to stop them getting worse, patch under then fill and sand.

I have just bought some pre preg carbon fibre arches for my 7. Loads of people are doing them now and the cost has come right down although the raw material price has gone up.

Leigh1299

I just like the look of the older mud guards !!
My mistake on the older chassis , I’ve looked at photos of my old one , which is the early type and that is different . He must of cut the mounts off fit the mirrors ,
I think the rear spoiler bar is quite cool , and I think it’ could be for the black plastic container he has in the photos ? Would be a good idea for getting the weekly food shopping 😂😂 . I like the simple pipe in the fuel tank for fuel level !! I was looking at an electric type but this could be the simple answer over winter period .
what do we think it’s going to make money wise ?

Phaeton

Staff member
I do hope they are not just buying it for the engine & scrapping the rest, hopefully if that is their idea they put the chassis back up for sale.

250buggys

Most Freestyles dissappear off ebay as soon as they are listed.

Surprised this one made it to the end of the auction.