Floor Covering

Lime&Orange

Seen a few using "plate", which must be heavy.

Is anyone using carpet or rubber matting?

If so, whats your thoughts on it?

collie

I've probably lost it now but I had a link to a company that does a spray-on liner for pickup beds. Was going to try and source that for my buggy when the time came.

HolyCount

Was thinking of using that rubber floor covering with the raised circles on (about 30mm dia.). The stuff oyu often see in lifts.

biddleboy

HolyCount":2f75130d said:
Was thinking of using that rubber floor covering with the raised circles on (about 30mm dia.). The stuff oyu often see in lifts.
hi kev Watt about kitchen lino hard wearing and you can get it in all fancy coulers and just spray glue it in

Radar

following on from collies thread I have seen the same spray on pick up truck type liner and have used a diy type kit I found on the net for a friends old pickup..looked good was reasonably hard wearing(considering it was in the loadbed of a much abused pickup) and easy to overpaint here is the link

http://www.protectakote.co.uk/kits.htm? ... 5QodRDAP3A

tell me what you think ?. Will definately have sound insulation properties on all that floorpan/ side wall chequer plate which I know may seem academic in such an open top noisy environment but I for one think it a reasonable bet as an improvement and also perhaps on the aestetic qualitys of the interior floorpan area ...hmmmmm ???

Phaeton

Staff member
On Mary I had some rubber matting the type you see in front of machinery in a workshop, the one with small ridges in it. Then yesterday I bought a couple of door mats from Wilkinson's sound a bit like Kev mentioned higher up in the post, cost me £3.98 for the pair, not tried to fit them yet.

Alan...

Radar

I think that rubber matting of which you speak Alan is actually called anti fatigue matting (no really) it's the same stuff they use or similar anyway to matting used in front  control panels  etc in large industrial installations where an operator may have to stand for extended periods of time it has insulation properties AND supposed to be easier on the feet and associated joints etc hence the anti fatigue label.. don't know how effective it is but it's tough stuff is it easy to cut and glue ?? how did you fix it in place ?.

Pete

Phaeton

Staff member
Radar":3b76lk6w said:
how did you fix it in place ?.
Pete

I didn't, under the seats the bolts held it solid & the trapezium shape at the front I just cut to size & it didn't move, I did intend to put a few pop rivets in but never bothered.

Alan..

HolyCount

esdebe":qpx30mnd said:
Hum.. that paint stuff looks good... might even think about doing the frame in it too...

That thought crossed my mind too !!! Was wondering if a liberal application on the lower cross members would make the radii acceptable to Mr IVA  ::)

Danny

Administrator
I found a big rubber mat and fitted it to the floor of the buggy....footwell. It fitted a treat I even got the angles right.

Cost me nowt (perfect)

Danny

wagon

Forgot I did this:

Upol Raptor
DSC_0474_zpsbcecb072.jpg

wagon

I either got it on ebay or from Dingbro

I used a kit to do my Pickup's loadbed, and had a bit left over:

P1260141_zpsc24947f3.jpg

Danny

Administrator
yeah I use that as well :)

I could not find my box cover for the pedals :-( I think I welded it up :)