Freestyle for sale on f/b market place

Phaeton

Staff member
Not that it matters as it's a Cat B (if it's the same one I've been told about) but I wonder what it is registered as.

250buggys

Interesting find, looks like freestyles don't roll to well. Where it has gone over the hoop has folded, looks like it needs some triangulation with some braces on the top bar.

More interesting is the red frame next to it, I wonder what that is? :)

Paul

Interesting that it looks to have servo brakes. On the plus side it does look like the passenger compartment has stayed fairly intact so hopefully all involved got out with only minor injuries.

Danny

Administrator
If you look close it is running metro running gear

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Paul

Yes I saw that they were Metro. I wondered if the servo might be a bit of overkill on such a light car.

Phaeton

Staff member
Paul":1mtivz0m said:
Yes I saw that they were Metro. I wondered if the servo might be a bit of overkill on such a light car.

I reckon so, I came back from 4 pots to standard calipers as they were too keen

250buggys

I quite like my 4's but takes a bit of getting use to going back to pre ABS days. Better to have too much braking effort than not enough :)

Danny

Administrator
Paul":sqpaxtgi said:
Maybe that's why it's written off :)

Paul

I did wonder if that was the case. It would be very easy in a reactive situation to stamp on the brakes and with the extra assistance lock the wheels and lose all control. Often it is better to be slightly under braked and drive defensively as once the wheels are locked you just become a passenger.

Danny

Administrator
I had a nice lesson on the ice the other day in the buggy... remembering how much of a handful these are

250buggys

Danny":3rqcgulg said:
I had a nice lesson on the ice the other day in the buggy... remembering how much of a handful these are

Good work Danny, bet it was an icy blast! mine is currently SORN, waiting for it to warm up a bit before I get back on the road. :)

Good fun in the snow no doubt sharpens up the driving skills...

Danny

Administrator
250buggys":35cbm6xm said:
Danny":35cbm6xm said:

Good work Danny, bet it was an icy blast! mine is currently SORN, waiting for it to warm up a bit before I get back on the road. :)

Good fun in the snow no doubt sharpens up the driving skills...
Yeah it was legs and arms everywhere. Mine is taxed and ready I am going to get it out again this week...

Good fun blasting about