Freestyle Suspension Geometry

Lilspeed

You're quite right, I didn't mention caster angle. Mainly because I have no idea what mine is set at!
This is an issue I have yet to solve using my garden shed measuring equipment, but I'm sure there's a way.
I am using adjustable tie rods, but they were originally fitted just to beef up the front suspension, so I set them at the same length as the standard ones. Later on when I started investigating the handling issues, I used my spirit level roughly lined up against the top and bottom arms to discover that I had considerably more caster on one side than the other, so I adjusted to even that out and left it be.
So unless you chaps can find a simple way of measuring caster, I guess it'll be trial and error with the amount of steering self centring being the governing factor.

Danny

Administrator
Lilspeed":oitlhyg1 said:
You're quite right, I didn't mention caster angle. Mainly because I have no idea what mine is set at!
This is an issue I have yet to solve using my garden shed measuring equipment, but I'm sure there's a way.
I am using adjustable tie rods, but they were originally fitted just to beef up the front suspension, so I set them at the same length as the standard ones. Later on when I started investigating the handling issues, I used my spirit level roughly lined up against the top and bottom arms to discover that I had considerably more caster on one side than the other, so I adjusted to even that out and left it be.
So unless you chaps can find a simple way of measuring caster, I guess it'll be trial and error with the amount of steering self centring being the governing factor.
My new guages can do that I think

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk