Freestyle upper nose

250buggys

Just wondering what is the preferred method for fitting the upper freestyle fibre glass nose?

I fitted mine securely for the IVA test but every time I go over a pot hole it makes a real awful bang noise on the lower metal nose cone. I tried some rubber mounts to absorb the impact and this worked to some extent but I want to come up with another better mounting option.

Not really seen this issue crop up on the forum so in need of some advice pls :)

Danny

Administrator
I just fix the top part... I think it wedges under teh headlights... Dave did not fix his down at all it just wedged under the headlights

Phaeton

Staff member
Not an issue I ever experienced, none of mine were ever fastened at the bottom, do you mean it hits the aluminium battery cover?

250buggys

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated. I see the error of my ways now. I routed the loom for the indicators and headlights on the inside of the pillar on the off side and that again plus the accelerator cable on the NS.

Spent today chopping the loom and re soldering and tomorrow I'll take the O/S seat out and drill all the rivet clips that hold the throttle pedal cable in.

At least I know where I went wrong now and the upper nose at the front is held down under the front lights.

Cheers Dan/Alan :)

250buggys

Here you can just about see where I went wrong, routed my loom on the inside rather than the outside of the framework which would then foul the upper nose cone's seating arrangement.

By tucking the loom in and under I thought it would be tidier, didn't realise it would foul the panel.

Attachments

• DSC_0286~3_resize_79_compress93.jpg
    DSC_0286~3_resize_79_compress93.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 2,699