Got a Freestyle Buggy at last!

Phaeton

Staff member
Not one I've seen before but what I would do is get a piece of emery cloth put it on a flat surface then gentle rub the housing on it. You should get an even color change where it's touching. Failing that use some sealant.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2zo382hp said:
Not one I've seen before but what I would do is get a piece of emery cloth put it on a flat surface then gentle rub the housing on it. You should get an even color change where it's touching. Failing that use some sealant.

yup that would be my first move... then re do the gasket

250buggys

Just wiring up the rear lights, can someone please confirm which is the brake and which is the rear light on the hamburger?

DSC_1768.JPG

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":2wooc3rb said:
Just wiring up the rear lights, can someone please confirm which is the brake and which is the rear light on the hamburger?
Seem to remember the top is the brake & the bottom the side, I have a pair in the garage if you want me to take a look

250buggys

Phaeton":24ns92ws said:
250buggys":24ns92ws said:
Seem to remember the top is the brake & the bottom the side, I have a pair in the garage if you want me to take a look

If you could take a look and confirm please that would be great , thanks Alan

Phaeton

Staff member
Just had a look I was wrong mine were side at the top brake at the bottom, the lense is subtly different it let's more light through the top section.

ChaosMS

Hi - as for your number plate issues at the front, the front plate location is NOT part of the test and I did not fit anything to the front when I went through the IVA (so dont worry about it and take it off for the test) HOWEVER Licence plate regs for road vehicles state you must have one so before you drive it for the first time with its new registration you MUST fit the front plate, or you will come unstuck with the police!!

Madness I know but I even asked the IVA guy and he said it wasnt part of the test and so it didnt bother him - but if you put one on then he/she will check it for protrusion and it will most likely fail!

250buggys

ChaosMS":3mbxecns said:
Hi - as for your number plate issues at the front, the front plate location is NOT part of the test and I did not fit anything to the front when I went through the IVA (so dont worry about it and take it off for the test) HOWEVER Licence plate regs for road vehicles state you must have one so before you drive it for the first time with its new registration you MUST fit the front plate, or you will come unstuck with the police!!

Madness I know but I even asked the IVA guy and he said it wasnt part of the test and so it didnt bother him - but if you put one on then he/she will check it for protrusion and it will most likely fail!

Thanks for confirming that, I'll take the front plate off before the test and re-fit it after.

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":15qjl0od said:
Wired up the rear lights,. My kit came with non matching hamburger lights, it is quite evident that one of the lenses is much better than the other. Not too bothered, it is e marked and I won't spend too much time looking at them from the driver's seat.

Are you sure you have the both on the right way up, there is a difference in the lenses, if you look at them from the back

250buggys

250buggys":okyhkj3u said:
Danny":okyhkj3u said:
What are you using for a camera? a Potato?[/quote

Yes potatoes always produce good images, seriously WTF?

Thanks for that, constructive feedback always helps with the build progress and motivation...

Phaeton

Staff member
LOL to be fair & I'm not defending him, your images are a little blurry ;D ;D ;D Bearing in mind Danny doesn't use anything that either cost a squillion quid or he got it free by ripping some manufacture off by saying he'll give it product placement

250buggys

I have seen too many builds go by the way side where forum posts have just ended (which seems really sad) so It is pretty much the only thing on my bucket list to finish my build and document it on the forum up to IVA pass.

I usually take pics at the end of the day, just as the sun goes down so apologies if they are not up to scratch.

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":2v31jo0n said:
apologies if they are not up to scratch.
I'm sure no offense was intended, if you ever have the misfortune to meet danny you can just call him a long streak of piss & everybody will be friends

Danny

Administrator
No offence was meant... jus the images seem blurry :D I wondered whether it was the bright yellow that was causing it :D

Phaeton

Staff member
250buggys":mqkiusxf said:
It does mean however running the extra wire in the loom for the switched live supply for the terratrip.
Is it not 3 wires (long time since I did mine) but you need a switched power & then 2 wires for the hall effect sensor?

250buggys

Hi Alan, I recon it is 3 wires in the loom. (I didn't bench test it but) switched live from the distribution to terratrip, (wire 1) then poz from terratrip to Acewell (wire 2) then Gnd from terratrip to chassis might take it right back to Acewell Gnd (wire 3). Just wiring it all up now. Let you know if it works or not.

250buggys

250buggys":19wouiyb said:
Hi Alan, I recon it is 3 wires in the loom. (I didn't bench test it but) switched live from the distribution to terratrip, (wire 1) then poz from terratrip to Acewell (wire 2) then Gnd from terratrip to chassis might take it right back to Acewell Gnd (wire 3). Just wiring it all up now. Let you know if it works or not.

The pick up from the magnet just has 2 wires.