Got a Freestyle Buggy at last!

250buggys

Please feel free to comment, I need as much advice as possible with this project/build

Any ideas chaps where I can get a pre fab pedal box? or plans to build one?

Lilspeed

Looks good! Seems like you've got all the important bits there anyway.
I have the old floor mount pedal box out of mine. Wish you were around three years ago - we could have swapped instead of me having to spend months making my own pendulum box! :)
I'll be heading over your way ( Essex? ) for the Battlesbridge show at the end of Sept. You anywhere near?

250buggys

Hi Lilspeed, Battlesbridge is about 50 miles from me, I didnt realise there was a show there, is it a mini or kit car show? If you are taking your freestyle ill definatly pop up and see you, let me know dates, exact location etc.

Danny said he had a couple of pedal boxes too, I am pleased I can get one as this is one of my main worries regarding problem parts, thought I may have to fabricate one.

Cheers
Chris

Phaeton

Staff member
You can either try to drill them out, or if you have a welder, just weld a bolt onto them & then undo

wagon

250buggys":2d4xs0hk said:
Easier said than done, no idea how to get the bolts out- may have to drill them out.

Or if your have some skill and luck with a cold chisel you can bash and loosen them then undo with grips

250buggys

That's got me thinking if I can get a slot in the head with a chisel I can use my impact driver to do the rest.

250buggys

Any luck? fibreglass is dull and rank

Hi wagon

Now I have my pedal box and summer is over my priorities have changed slightly.

Steering lock still on the list of jobs to do, but today I have been refurbishing the stock pedal box (which I was missing) I will get some pics up soon.

Luckily I have some fibre-glass tissue and resin left over from my boat so that will help me with my wheel arch and front panel refurb.

Lilspeed

Good stuff Chris!

Brings back memories of my build - it's exciting to see the pile of shiny bits to fit growing to start with, then nearing the end it's more exciting to see the pile of bits to fit getting smaller!

Liking the fuel tank, have you decided where it fits yet?

250buggys

Lilspeed":283srcb2 said:
Good stuff Chris!

Brings back memories of my build - it's exciting to see the pile of shiny bits to fit growing to start with, then nearing the end it's more exciting to see the pile of bits to fit getting smaller!

Liking the fuel tank, have you decided where it fits yet?

Hi Justin

Fitted your old pedal box today, project is heading in the right direction but a long way to go yet.
I have a whole shed load of bits either new or waiting to be refurbished, can hardly get in there.

Fuel tank will replace the old fire extinguisher tank which is rear off side, need to make a bracket and enclosure, been looking at that today. Just need it to tick the IVA boxes etc.

Phaeton

Staff member
Painting engines is for girls ask Danny & Max they spend so much time fannying about they never get anything done

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Danny

Administrator
Haha always had a tidy engine bay :) the best oil filter removers are the material strapped ones :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Lilspeed

I used Hammerite Smooth on my engine block, no problems.

In my defence, first engine I've painted in 25+ years of arsing around with cars! ;D

Lilspeed

Good progress Chris!

Lower firewall on mine is held in with M6 rivnuts and screws, and split down the middle so I can take out one side at a time.

250buggys

Lilspeed":1xlj1ze5 said:
Good progress Chris!

Lower firewall on mine is held in with M6 rivnuts and screws, and split down the middle so I can take out one side at a time.

Thanks Justin, I'll go with the rivnut option for better engine access.