Got a Freestyle Buggy at last!

Phaeton

Staff member
This was how I did Bumble, I'm not sure your steel is strong enough, but I'm not engineer & I do tend to over rather than under engineer

250buggys

This was how I did Bumble, I'm not sure your steel is strong enough, but I'm not engineer & I do tend to over rather than under engineer

Thanks, I used 3mm. I'll keep an eye out for some thicker gauge channel and go again. At least for now the steel should be stronger than the welds.

Did you put softer springs to put on the front?

250buggys

Ordered some thicker gauge steel for the suspension mount. Should be much stronger.

Screenshot_20220518-151119752.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220518-151119752.jpg
    Screenshot_20220518-151119752.jpg
    440.7 KB · Views: 0

Phaeton

Staff member
If you ask @Danny nicely he'll send you a file of a profile that you can put on the side of the channel to grind down to.

250buggys

Fitted the mud flaps this afternoon then went for a 70 mile blast:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220710-181949814.jpg
    Screenshot_20220710-181949814.jpg
    646.8 KB · Views: 8

250buggys

Hi Alan

Yes 5 inch in the Freestye, fit the back bowls nicely with little or no modification and the front rims went on nicely too, I got the 7 inch for the 7 build.

I will try and see if I can find a link, bear with.

250buggys

My Freestyle lights looks like this, you can see the white and orange LEDs in the Halo part.

LED.JPG

With the Freestyle I do remember now looking at the back trimming a bit of the aluminium heat sink off to fit the bowl notch for orientation etc.

Possibly

The ones fitted to the 7 build are 7 inch

LED 2.JPG

Can't believe they are so cheap now. Also E marked.

250buggys

Went for a night drive and was very impressed, v easy to set up on a garage door also 🙂no kick ups with the LED just a flat top.

This pic was before I adjustted them, now the top of the beam is in line with the 3rd horizontal. Just angled down a bit

P_20220727_194711.jpg

The garage door trick worked well for the halogen lamps, the IVA man didn't need to adjust them much at all.