GTM K3

Phaeton

Staff member
As ever with me I have a list of cars to own, but once bought I then seem to move on, so bought the K3 brought it back to life but it's too much like a real car, so it's on the Fleece of E

Phaeton

Staff member
Nearly 40 years ago I built the Dutton Phaeton, had to sell it to get married, I have an inkling for another Severnesque type, but logically in my price range there's only RH's but even those appear to have jumped this year. But I still like the Freestyle, but that slight twisted driving position caused problems with my weak left hip.

I would like to buy that Sylva Riot on Ebay & finish it, but at £4.5K it's just too expensive, there's at least another couple of K to sink into it on diff, driveshafts, reverse gear, then on top all the IVA costs, for what will be a £6K kit.

So I am all ears/eyes on Andy's (Baloo's) MGF project, with a view to trying to get one through an IVA, realistically the only problem is getting it to look right, the back & the interior I don't see an issue, it's just the front, unless I can find somebody to make a mould for a fibreglass front, but just the thought of it makes my wallet cry.

250buggys

With your and Andys' buggy building knowledge and experience I am sure you can easily get that one off the ground. Sooner rather than later as MGF/TFs are getting rarer, soon parts will start going up. I noticed this with all the classic mini parts I had to buy with my build.

Definitely don't buy a Robin hood please, the design is now very old, heavy, some were poorly constructed.
Take a look here and avoid

https://nw.rhocar.org/identification.htm

That Silvia Riot does look nice, would be good if you could get someone to build it with you and share the costs.

Good luck Alan with your next project :)

And keep us updated.