Hollier Mosquito resurrection - my first Buggy Discussion Thread

Phaeton

Staff member

Good start Lee keep up the work whilst you have to motivation, however I'm sure the kids will keep you going.

Phaeton

Staff member
Have to say the Kermit pain looks in good condition, or is it one of those looks good from 10ft away with you eyes squinted?

Just a thought Lee whilst you're at this point might want to consider a front mounted radiator, although if you're doing trails putting the pipes under the car is probably not an option for you.

groovylee

Have to say the Kermit pain looks in good condition, or is it one of those looks good from 10ft away with you eyes squinted?

Just a thought Lee whilst you're at this point might want to consider a front mounted radiator, although if you're doing trails putting the pipes under the car is probably not an option for you.
it's definitely a 10 footer tbh. but then it is never going to be a show queen, considering its intended use...

on the front mounted radiator - it is something i considered, but there isnt really a straightforward way of doing it. the fuel tank is in the minimal 'bonnet', and whilst i considered moving this to the rear like a fugitive, i dont think the resulting space would be much use for a radiator anyway.

there are things i'd like to look into more like this, but they will be for the future. the plan for now is recommission and use, then try to improve as i go :)

Phaeton

Staff member
It's quite a strange one really, I had so many problems with the radiator at the back, so did @Danny as well as Simon, but Steve never has had, he just has an extra fan on & when it starts to get a little warm he manually puts it on, so hopefully you will be in the latter category

groovylee

It's quite a strange one really, I had so many problems with the radiator at the back, so did @Danny as well as Simon, but Steve never has had, he just has an extra fan on & when it starts to get a little warm he manually puts it on, so hopefully you will be in the latter category
It looks like there has been a second rad plumbed in on the other side at some point, so there is always that option I guess, it's just figuring out how I would do it. I suppose the simplest way would be to run them in series?

Phaeton

Staff member
Or send the heater circuit through the 2nd rad as that logically should be the hottest waster, assuming you have a take off.