I need help lol

Pidgey

Hey, I've just recently bought a 2007 plate wangye 250cc buggy. The engine and carburetta seems fine but it has problems to start. It keeps ticking and will then randomly fire up if not at all, i dont know if this is connected but it also loses power when accelorating hard before correcting itself. I was just wondering if anyone else has had this experience or could let me know any suggestions as to the problem so I can get it fixed as my garage isn't too sure, many thanks

Radar

Can't help much with these chinese imports that use scooter engines .....sorry

can only suggest scooter /motorcycle mechanics would have more luck helping you ..members here might be able to be more helpful but it would be a load of suggestions as to where the problem might be and you'd still have to fix it yourself # ..good luck and wait to see if others here can help

Radar

Mini Mad Max

Sounds to me like a problem with the carburettor. If the choke isn't working properly then it will struggle to fire up and then it sounds like it isn't getting enough fuel when you floor it and so the mixture is too weak meaning it hesitates. Not knowing the carb type on your engine, the problems could be linked.
Max

Pidgey

Thank you for your responses, apparently he has checked the choke carburetta and engine and is now leading towards the electrics. Hopefully this resolves the problem but if anyone has anymore ideas then please let me know, thank you

Phaeton

Staff member
You say that it keeps ticking & then starts, try putting a single jump lead from the engine to the earth (Black) on the battery, it could be a bad/hi-resistant earth

Alan...

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 2

Pidgey

Thank you, I will try that tomorrow, please let me know anymore suggestions as im dying to get it going, thank you