Insurance Problems...

Buggy007

Orite lads im new on this forum, im looking to buy a buggy and i have a few questions if any of you can help me out. Im 19 and cant find any company who wont run a mile as soon as i give my D.O.B!!! Ive tryed bikesure but no luck there also a few others and still no luck? Has anyone got any good companys who will do it (if any) and how much someone of similar age is paying.

Im looking at a Quadzilla RL500, any1 got one? Are they any good for road use?

Thanks, Ben

Steves2580

Hi Ben,
Welcome to the forum!
I'm with Adrian Flux, they've always been good and reasonably fair.
The RL500 is a cracking machine, a little under powered on the road, but hopefully this will help with your insurance!!!
Your doing the right thing finding insurance first, so many vehicle appear on eBay for that reason.
Good luck with it, let us know how you get on!

Steve.

Buggy007

Hello steve thanks for the reply tryed adrian flux and was told that they could only insure me on a 250cc or less because of my age. I would love to get a buggy for road and off road but i do think a 250cc would be far to slow for going on roads. At the moment im not to bothered about a really fast one just to get from a to b but i dont fancy doing 5mph up a steep hill or possibley start rolling backwards Haha! Would this be the case with a buggy with that engine?

Thanks again, ben

Steves2580

Hi Ben,
A 250cc buggy would be ample power for your first road legal buggy!!
Try to find a quadzilla, keep clear of the Chinese machines (a bit weak).
A 250 will pull nicely up most hills, top speed of about 50mph.
My lad had a 150 off road, that would still pull away very well!!

Good luck!

Keep us posted, Steve ;D

Buggy007

Cheers steve ive just rang up adrian flux for an insurance quote and they quoted me 600-800 quid for the year on a quadzilla 250cc bug rider :eek: Its more than i had hoped but if thats how much its going to be then so be it, what do u think? Just need to find one now for the right price i think thats going to be the hard part they seem to be like gold dust 2nd hand!!

Ben.

Steves2580

Hi Ben,

Not bad for an eighteen yr old!!
I'll not tell you what mine is ::) but my buggy is 1800cc with approx 120BHP and weighs in at an astonising 700kg's ;D

If you get the buggy bug, you'll be hooked and you'll pay what you have to pay!!

We'll keep our eyes peeled for you one, where about's in the country are you?

Quadzilla, Joyner etc Ebay would be the place to look, a work mate has just bought a 250 for £1200, not bad condition, just a few little jobs and a tidy!
Watch out for gearbox issues, they can be a nightmare. You have to be at a dead stop to change from forward to reverse!

Good luck, hope you get a belter!!

Steve.

Buggy007

Wow what is the top speed on yours mate? Is it road legal aswell?

Ive been told now that i can have up to a 350cc now so im looking at this quadzilla its a RL300 heres a link:

http://www.xtreme-sport.co.uk/acatalog/info%5f46%2ehtml

What do you think of this? Is it worth buying a new one to avoid all the hidden problems of an old one?
£3,099 with 12 month tax and free reg' would be handy if it had some sort of alarm tho with these theiving s***s round my area (north wales)

Sorry for all the questions just good to get some advice of sum1 with abit of experiance O0

Cheers, Ben

Danny

Administrator
There is no way that you can stop a thief if they want it....

I have a tracker on mine and its bolted the ground in a locked garage with a big steel bollard in front of it on the inside of the garage and have janes car parked in front of the garage and every morning I still look out expecting to see janes car dragged 10 feet backwards...

Steves2580

Buggy007":2mqw91xq said:
Wow what is the top speed on yours mate? Is it road legal aswell?

Ive been told now that i can have up to a 350cc now so im looking at this quadzilla its a RL300 heres a link:

http://www.xtreme-sport.co.uk/acatalog/info%5f46%2ehtml

What do you think of this? Is it worth buying a new one to avoid all the hidden problems of an old one?
£3,099 with 12 month tax and free reg' would be handy if it had some sort of alarm tho with these theiving s***s round my area (north wales)

Sorry for all the questions just good to get some advice of sum1 with abit of experiance O0

Cheers, Ben

Hi Ben,
Ha ha, it's quick!! Me and Max hit 125mph, the car would have kept on going, but my bottom wouldn't let me go any faster and "yes" it's road legal too ;D

The RL300 is a great machine, far stronger and safer than many buggies out there.
A thatcham bike alarm would fit perfectly!!
A ground anchor and chain would be another way to secure it!!

Don't worry about the questions, it's good that you are spending time to do your research ;)

Try Malcolm, I bought my son's Midi 150 from him, great service and a nice chap!
Here's his website
http://www.onroadbuggies.co.uk/?Buggies:RL300

Good luck with it and keep us posted on any developments ;)

Steve ;D