IVA Post April 2010

collie

Mini Mad Max":131ghlol said:
Alex, I think we have the same aim. April 2010.... Here I come! ....hopefully ;D
Max
Max and I have the same goal, completion of buggies prior to April 2010.
However, i don't think I will be ready.
Not to despair.
I had an idea about firewalls that I ran past Alan, and if I can get my butt into gear and make a nice mock-up as an example for VOSA, I'm hoping it could be accepted as a solution to the petrol tank quandary we are having.
No promises since I have a heavily pregnant partner and my work commitments make time on the buggy really short.
As soon as i can get some photos up i would certainly like input from you guys.

Mini Mad Max

Ahhh i see. I have the summer holidays, and other holidays and my free time to make mine in eight months... so fingers crossed i will be able to. But my band takes up a lot of time. I hope you find the time to make the buggy.
Max :D

collie

We'll see I guess, but it's my guess you're already buying one round of drinks, will you be buying two in April?

Mini Mad Max

Does this meen you want in on mine and jasons race? The loser (last one to pass IVA) buys the others a drink. LOL
Max

jason_l

Nothing wrong with a bit of friendly competition  :D

Although i feel that with the R&D work required with mine that im already doomed  :-X

collie

No worries Jason, sounds like Max has bought Mini Spares but has nothing to show for it and I am building at a pace even a snail could build quicker! You're in with a fair chance!

jason_l

Don't know one of you guys probably has a better chance!

As i was explaining to Max, my buggy is 40 miles away so don't get much time to work on it. Girlfriend works every other weekend and when she's off she wants to spend time together  ::) ;D The company that has it is only open Saturdays on the weekend so i see it once a fortnight, for a day!

I do have small bits lying about at work im getting on with but nothing major! Think it will be a even race to be honest, slow but even!!!!! ;D

Angel Boy

jason_l":2tw3i4wu said:

As i was explaining to Max, my buggy is 40 miles away so don't get much time to work on it. Girlfriend works every other weekend and when she's off she wants to spend time together  ::) ;D The company that has it is only open Saturdays on the weekend so i see it once a fortnight, for a day!

I do have small bits lying about at work im getting on with but nothing major! Think it will be a even race to be honest, slow but even!!!!! ;D

Don't believe him folks, on the one Saturday out of two he can work on it, Team Toyota GT have been working on it for the 10 days previous  ;D  ;)  :p

Andy

jason_l

Angel Boy":tfmhhtdm said:
jason_l":tfmhhtdm said:

Don't believe him folks, on the one Saturday out of two he can work on it, Team Toyota GT have been working on it for the 10 days previous  ;D  ;)  :p

Andy

LOL i wish but unfortunately thats not the case, yes they did start work on it early on and rocketed ahead. However my money has dried up and they are now doing about 1-2 days a month as thats all i can afford to pay them. They are not doing much this month as i have ordered the seats, so all my money has gone.

I have told them that im not going to pay them to do stuff i can do myself as there is no point, im getting them to do the main engineering parts and i will do what i can.

I honestly think its a even race but if you think im cheating then just say  :D

Mini Mad Max

You two have had a head start on me as you are both rolling, whereas i'm a panel-less frame with nowt attached, just preaparing to attach. I imagine the front will be rolling and the engine mechanically rebuilt by the end of the Summer holidays. Unfortunately for me though, money is getting tighter now that i've spent most of it on parts, which half of the came today. I do have a large garage with lots of tools a few meters from my back door and andy could back me up on this one.
How about you andy, now you have the robin hood back, does this meen that you have started to build your buggy up for IVA?
This is an even race so lets get on with it! ;D
Max

Angel Boy

Mini Mad Max":84a4hcw3 said:
How about you andy, now you have the robin hood back, does this meen that you have started to build your buggy up for IVA?
This is an even race so lets get on with it! ;D
Max

;D  My two weeks build holiday I had agreed was spent 99% rebuilding the engine in the hood as the good lady was not too happy about the amount of oil been dripped on the drive.  I managed about three hours on the buggy last Sunday where I started to wire brush down the engine subframe.  Else technically I think I have gone backwards as their was more built when I took delivery then currently sits in the millions of pieces on the garage floor!!

I've also got more work to do as the top arms from the rear was solid when taking it off and I ended up pulling all the internals out to get if off the subframe, so I need more parts (but hopefully not £700+  ;D ).

Yeah, Max has struck a deal with his old man where he gets half of the garage.  When I saw it though it was all imaculately painted ready to go and the engine and parts where all cleaned up so whilst Jason has team Toyota GT working for him, Max simple has to just bolt together everything  ::)  :p  :D  ;)  It'll be interesting to watch you both.

Getting the hood has inspired me a little though, so hopefully will continue with the wire brushing this weekend and will start looking at the bits I need to replace to get us on the road.  The Hood has carpets and fabric covered seats so it isn't great in the wet and I can't leave it outside in the rain without putting it's rain jacket on which is a pain in the arse.  The sooner the buggy gets done, the less I'll use the Hood, but I'm not committing to April 2010 though  ;D

Andy

Mini Mad Max

Mmmm I have top arms spare ;D
Plus it was £700 for things to prepair it for offroading with my local club!
I have bought a lot, not just a little bit for a lot of money! :mad:
You should take the hood to your local rolling road people so it can be set up properly, because when you saw me you said it was drinking fuel quite rapidly.
You know Weber I'm selling would make the hood quicker, know what i mean, know what i mean, wink wink, nudge nudge! :D
Max ( :D)