Just back from the SVA Test

nw208

Just got back from the test, And would you beleive surprise surprise it failed.

After worrying myself daft over the last few days, once i got the car to the test station, it all went very smoothly, in a very calm and organised manner. the inspector (Dave) was very helpful and not at all judgemental on the quality (or lack of it in some areas) of the the build.

I do however have a 2 page failure list which is loads shorter that I expected. sometimes we can be over critical of our own abilities.

The list is:

Seat belt reels loose and can be rotated-Might need some help with a solution to this .

Contactable edges- 2 wing nuts under nosecone, 6 bolts without nutcovers

Reflecters in wrong location

Contactable edges- mirror brackets,exhaust bracket, interior mirror bracket,fuel cap.

Locknuts or loctite needed on 6 nuts

no self centreing ( toeing in so I could get it on the trailer)

a small amount of sleeving required for wiring

unable to prove age of engine so subsequently tested as if cat was fitted -FAILED

brake tester at test centre broke during test- FAILED

Speedo reading 10mph when true reading 46!!  assistance required at Stonleigh chaps!

Off to get some celebratory fish and chips for tea. I know, flash git. 

biddleboy

well that not to bad at least you have a bit of time now to sort these little jobs out as for the speedo ive got to get mine fitted hopfully the guys can help me at stoneleigh as well but any good luck on the next test

Phaeton

Staff member
Not a bad result at all, if you do bring it down at the weekend we can have a look & see how we can help you. As to age of engine, I'm presuming you don't have a V5C with that engine number in a donor? You used to be able to write off to Heritage to get validation not sure if this is still the case, also not sure it would suffice but on theminiforum there is a link to al ist of engine numbers & when they were manufactured. What speedo are you running?

Alan...

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":3fdwxotp said:
Not a bad result at all, if you do bring it down at the weekend we can have a look & see how we can help you. As to age of engine, I'm presuming you don't have a V5C with that engine number in a donor? You used to be able to write off to Heritage to get validation not sure if this is still the case, also not sure it would suffice but on theminiforum there is a link to al ist of engine numbers & when they were manufactured. What speedo are you running?

Alan...
Is that the guesswork chap, or another one as the guesswork thing told me it's a metro but didn't tell me the year of manufacture.
Oh well,
Thanks.
nw208":3fdwxotp said:
Just got back from the test, And would you beleive surprise surprise it failed.

After worrying myself daft over the last few days, once i got the car to the test station, it all went very smoothly, in a very calm and organised manner. the inspector (Dave) was very helpful and not at all judgemental on the quality (or lack of it in some areas) of the the build.

I do however have a 2 page failure list which is loads shorter that I expected. sometimes we can be over critical of our own abilities.

The list is:

Seat belt reels loose and can be rotated-Might need some help with a solution to this .

Contactable edges- 2 wing nuts under nosecone, 6 bolts without nutcovers

Reflecters in wrong location

Contactable edges- mirror brackets,exhaust bracket, interior mirror bracket,fuel cap.

Locknuts or loctite needed on 6 nuts

no self centreing ( toeing in so I could get it on the trailer)

a small amount of sleeving required for wiring

unable to prove age of engine so subsequently tested as if cat was fitted -FAILED

brake tester at test centre broke during test- FAILED

Speedo reading 10mph when true reading 46!!  assistance required at Stonleigh chaps!

Off to get some celebratory fish and chips for tea. I know, flash git.  
Bring it down and we'll do a 70's fixing stuff up montage ready for the retest!
Max :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Robbie,

After you had gone had a thought, you mentioned above about the seatbelts, but never mentioned it at the show, have you sorted  them?

Good to see you by the way.

Alan...