Just got a quote on our buggy

jason_l

Just another post to say how good Adrian Flux is.

Im 24 with seven years no claims and my mate is 25 with 8 years no claims. Adrian flux said we can't transfer our no claims so had to get a quote with NO no claims.

Both of us insured on the same buggy with No no claims
3000 miles per year
On a Q reg with 1275cc motor
Kept under car port on driveway

Just under £100 for 12 months for the both of us!

So less than £50 each per year!!!!!!

Really wants me to get this buggy done even more, puts the insurance on my lexus to shame and the insurance on my mates skyline!

Jason :)

biddleboy

hi jason just got a quote for my buggy 998cc s reg ime 30 years young third party fire and theft 117 for the year what do you reckon

Mini Mad Max

Is it parked in a locked garage??
That can save many valuble monies!
Max
PS.will pm you with an update on the panels :D

Phaeton

Staff member
biddleboy":1bd6gl6t said:
hi jason just got a quote for my buggy 998cc s reg ime 30 years young third party fire and theft 117 for the year what do you reckon
Steve, I've just got a quote today from Graham Sykes (0845 1300236) for 1275cc Fully Comp Parts only restricted to 3k miles £93.75 or £129.68 proper fully comp but bearing in mind I'm an old fart. Not that it makes a difference to the price but that was on the chassis number. Daft thing is I never cancelled my policy on the Bugrat & there is still a month to go on it, but to change it over to the Freestyle was going to cost £35.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
Funbuggies Freestyle Mini/Metro based kitcar with a 1275cc unmodified engine.

Alan...

ben waine

Mini Mad Max":307yp5lm said:
Is it parked in a locked garage??
That can save many valuble monies!
Max
PS.will pm you with an update on the panels :D

alough i doont wan t 2 put mine on the road u no about the garage thing mine is kept in a soild 2inch thick okk door and then has a roller sutter door behind and is also alarmed ...(i may live nxt to the m6 but there  are only 3 other houses in a 4 miles) any 1 no how much tht wud knok off the insurance

Mini Mad Max

Don't have a clue ben ::) We recently fitted two padlockable bolts per door on my garage plus a lovely bright security light ;D.
Max

jason_l

When i phoned for a quote they had ABS freestyle on their system, which mine is!

Might have to give them another ring as i have a funny feeling that my insurance may go up somwhat when i tell them there is now going to be a 1.3 Turbo starlet engine in it  :eek: :eek: :eek: Hope it doesn't go up too much ??? Although im still getting it done no matter what the price is ;D

Steve

My mate put a FireBlade engine in his kit car (Not a Freestyle) and because it was under a 1000cc he paid exactly the same price as me when I had my 998cc A series. I would love to know how they work that one out.

biddleboy

well steve i had a qoute for mine its got a 998 in it at the mo and it was 117 for the year had another quote as a 1275 and it was the same dont no were they get there prices from so i will run 998 this year and change it for my 1275 in the winter once i finish referbing it