Lotus 7 (Replica) Build Discussion

Phaeton

Staff member
Nice build, what's the footwell like, that was my issue with all the Sevenesque ones I've seen, no feet space & I'm only an 8

250buggys

Nice build, what's the footwell like, that was my issue with all the Sevenesque ones I've seen, no feet space & I'm only an 8
Yes know exactly what you mean, the freestyle has loads of room to the left and right in the foot well but could do with some extra leg room and the angle of the wheel takes some getting used to.

The 7 has loads of leg room but no real foot well room, very similar to getting in a coffin..... :)

ChaosMS

Thats looking really good, coming along well - look forward to hearing that engine fire up soon!!

250buggys

Thanks Rich, the ST170 engine is 3 times more powerful and 100 more torques as standard over the Freestyle so should be good fun 😀just got to get on it and get this collection of parts together.

250buggys

coming along nice :D
Thanks Danny, just need to keep doing a bit every evening 😀

Have you done anything to your Zetec, not a lot of difference between the two. I ordered a set of Omex ITBs are you going to turbo yours? Looking at some Its amazing what you can squeeze in, only trouble to work on anything there is a lot to remove out of the way.

Danny

Administrator
Thanks Danny, just need to keep doing a bit every evening 😀

Have you done anything to your Zetec, not a lot of difference between the two. I ordered a set of Omex ITBs are you going to turbo yours? Looking at some Its amazing what you can squeeze in, only trouble to work on anything there is a lot to remove out of the way.

to be honest I dont even walk to the yard much these days...

I will have my office built in a a few months and that will free up a garage at my home, so I am going to move teh mojo here and then get my coupe into the garage up the road while I build the garages (planning refused the first submission). With the mojo here I can potter about on it and get a bit more done and its easier to do while kids are here rather than being all the way up the road for days at a time.

I like to keep things standard.... I ride bikes... no car will ever be quick... so why even try to make it because it will never come close to what I can get from a bike.

Phaeton

Staff member
Go on admit it, how many flairs did you do without putting the ferrules on & had to cut the pipe?

250buggys

Go on admit it, how many flairs did you do without putting the ferrules on & had to cut the pipe?
Hi Alan, I had to be so careful as I didn't want to do that as I would have to remove all the P clips and run in a good few metres of new pipe.

Funnily enough the thought did cross my mind when doing that! You also have to put the end on before you bend the pipe as you need a straight to slide it and put it in the tool.

The old favourite when I used to solder a lot of cables up at work was forgetting to put the shroud on first then realising after looking at the 24 pin connector thinking what a nice job only to have to de-solder all the pins again. :)

ChaosMS

Hey Chris, looking really good, glad the IVA stuff was useful :) I welded in my vin plate too, got the local jewlers to engrave it and it worked really well (the did the manufacturers plate too (used a bit of stainless plate for that one and ran a little black paint into the engraving!!

Phaeton

Staff member
Only issue with bonding is if you have to remove then it's a right barstool, it's why I made all the panels on the Mevster removable

250buggys

Level of build quality puts mine to shame
Thanks Alan, I really need to pick up the pace a bit 😀 you keep me motivated with your posts. You achieve a lot every weekend. Looking at your build I was thinking how it would be nice to be at the wiring stage. Hopefully soon be working on the loom and cable routes, there is one available but I would prefer to build mine again from scratch.