MGF buggy

Baloo

Phaeton":1blp5z36 said:
Is work bringing you past me Andy, I have one you could borrow for a while

Morning Alan
not sure, i havent got much work going on its very quiet at the moment, if it reaches the point it holding me up i could throw the rolling assembly on the back of my truck and call past and pump it up, will ponder that one thank you

what size box section do people think would be suitable for the main frame, the freestyle is 1"x1" 16g isent it but that was for a mini engine with 50 hp ? mgf power could be 3 times that i was thinking 40mx40mm 14g what do people think this is for the base layer will be tube on top of that

Baloo

i quiet like the shape of this that Alan posted and as best i can scale this looks like 4omm box on the base, which i guess will dictate the size of the round tube for the cage as its got to sit on the box ?

Baloo

i think i would prefer the side rails to run through from front to back in the same plane and the same size material rather than swapping from box to tube and changing angle at the back end

Baloo

Think l might have changed my mind about the tank position l was favouring behind the seats now im not so sure

Baloo

anyone near a freestyle ? would like to know how the sizes compare, my floor looks like this

would guess a freestyle is 6" or so shorter ?

Phaeton

Staff member
Andy don't have one now so can't measure, but you need to be able to sit in the seat, ideally with sliders, then have a helmet on & still not hit your helmet on the frame.