Mr Bumble's Phaeton's Discussion Thread

Steves2580

Dito Wagon!
Tidy new engine, should have it in and running by 6pm ha ha!

Is it in yet Alan??

Is it in yet Alan??

Is it in yet Alan??

Is it in yet Alan??

Steve ;D

Phaeton

Staff member
Don't know what it like over yon side of ot 'ill be we've had rain, rain rain & yes you've guessed it rain. Seems like it stays dry when I'm stuck in the office only to pour down in the evening. But as long as I can get a bit of time tomorrow night the existing engine should be out. Then tidy the subframe a little, cambelt change Saturday morning & hopefully back in frame & reattach to buggy. Would have like to have changed all the bushes whilst it was out, but too eager to get back up & running.

Alan...
[/color]

wagon

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j81/gsx550es/Mr_Bumble/2011-05-14165055.jpg

Do you have any idea roughly how long this bit of pipe needs to be from front of the battery box bit to behind the rear firewall?

Trying to order some tube up but I forgot to measure last time I was at the buggy ???

Phaeton

Staff member
Swimming pools removed, holes drilled in bottom, posterior placed in seat to push excess water out, I suspect that I will be driving down sitting on a plastic sheet in the morning.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
So Friday I got a text with an eviction order for Bumble, had to have him moved by the end of today, went up & put the battery on. Turned key & started first time after a little cough & a splutter, dropped him off the axle stands & brought him home, for a quick inspection. Apart from the poor brakes which I know about the dip beam wasn't working, but found that that was just a fuse & the broken wind deflector, something had dropped on it whilst under the car port. Need to nail why these brakes are right, but struggling for enthusiasm to do anything car related at the moment.

Phaeton

Staff member
Whoop Whoop, just looked we've got MOT until mid June, I remember now I was I the US for Stoneleigh so Bumble didn't get MOT'd till I got back, which means no hassle to get to there this year.

Alan...

Phaeton

Staff member
As Danny is now the proud (is that the right word) owner of a MGF & Bumble will not be unique, I've been looking for an alternative. So the search is now on for a MG ZT 2.5 V6 with autobox, 180bhp should be quite a bit of fun in the back. Although I do think this is actually a dream, but it would be fun if I could get one cheap enough.

Alan...

wagon

Lol I didn't realise that you were looking at V6 :)

I had been strongly considering the auto route to save all the gearbox mess i'll have, and also to tidy up the pedal box area.... but then a manual came up for sale.... lol and I drove an auto for 300 miles reminding me how nasty they are!

What size tyres are you running please?

Phaeton

Staff member
This is all shelved at the moment, I was hoping to move house to get somewhere to work, but it never happened so I'm not sure what I am doing. We're currently building a Saxo VTS track car so that's the extra space on the drive that gone as well. As to tyres currently I think they are something like 205/50x15 rear & either 185 or 195/50x15 fronts

wagon

Ahh good old VTS :)

I used to have a 106 GTI - probably the best car I ever had. Seems they've all disappeared these days - makes me sad.

Quite fancy something silly like some 345/35 R15s on mine, but they are a bit pricey lol.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":3px00rtd said:
As to tyres currently I think they are something like 205/50x15 rear & either 185 or 195/50x15 fronts

mine are still the other way round :-\