National Kit Car Show Stoneleigh 1st & 2nd May 2016

Phaeton

Staff member
Slacker Alert Slacker Alert

Can we get more than 5 buggies there this year, Max has been promising since he was 12, he's now married with 3 kids so you would have thought as he reaches his 30th birthday he would actually have it on the road. Jason is reaching retirement age as he should now have the time to finish off the few extra bits, I hear Rich won't be able to make it as his OCD for drilling holes got the better of him & now there is no buggy left.

But anyway I'm sure the Fab Four will be there, and if Justin joins us again (if we didn't scare him off last year) we may need to be re-named to the Fantastic Five.

All details will be added as we know them,

Lilspeed

Had fun last year, I reckon I'm up for it again!

If you could do something about the weather though that'd be lovely. ;D

ChaosMS

Hi Guys,

OCD for holes ha ha made me laugh!! ;D ::) ;D - almost thought I'd knackered it a few weeks back, got everything built back up and wired up, she ran for 15 mins and died and refused to start again after that, had to buy a pre OBD1 interface (would of been nice if it was OBDII but its proprietary Suzuki interface on a 1999!!) to check the ECU, thought the ECU was blown as no spark but signal from crank sensor was sending to ECU OK - and ECU was supposed to send signal back to coil and Igniter - Long story short after lots and lots of testing this and that found out the Igniter was faulty (sending 12v to coil as expected but was also sending a constant 7v to the trigger side of the coil instead of the 4.7v pulse!!)

Was hoping to get the paperwork in for the test before Christmas but I might struggle now due to this bleedin electrical fault- we will see!! - I got her running again yesterday and everything that i stripped out back in today so now its just brake fluid and then go round the whole buggy with the IVA test manual!!

If I get her through the test i will be there! - Holes and all!

Rich ;)

Mini Mad Max

Phaeton":2hmisfcl said:
Slacker Alert Slacker Alert

Can we get more than 5 buggies there this year, Max has been promising since he was 12, he's now married with 3 kids so you would have thought as he reaches his 30th birthday he would actually have it on the road. Jason is reaching retirement age as he should now have the time to finish off the few extra bits, I hear Rich won't be able to make it as his OCD for drilling holes got the better of him & now there is no buggy left.

But anyway I'm sure the Fab Four will be there, and if Justin joins us again (if we didn't scare him off last year) we may need to be re-named to the Fantastic Five.

All details will be added as we know them,

I've learnt my lesson. I'm making no promises. Maybe you'll get a surprise....

Bongie

Hi guys
If I ever manage to register my Joyner 650 I will be attending if that's ok. Having an absolute nightmare with DVLA at the moment even though I have all the papers they just keep regecting it for different reasons. Last thing to prove is proof of age even though I have the quality check report from when it was made. Has anyone got any advise on how to prove this as there isn't a joyners owners club to substantiate my paperwork.

250buggys

Bongie":2ft42k4q said:
Hi guys
If I ever manage to register my Joyner 650 I will be attending if that's ok. Having an absolute nightmare with DVLA at the moment even though I have all the papers they just keep regecting it for different reasons. Last thing to prove is proof of age even though I have the quality check report from when it was made. Has anyone got any advise on how to prove this as there isn't a joyners owners club to substantiate my paperwork.

Hi Bongie

I had one of those 250 chinese buggys you see on ebay, I registered that with the DVLA and got it on the road, they were happy with the eec declaration of conformity, have you got one of these from the supplier?

Seems silly you can just import, build, register and drive on the road for 3 years before first MOT, mine would have never passed an MOT it didnt even have a rear fog or reversing light, fortunate to never get pulled by plod.

Phaeton

Staff member
I think the pitch is 66D but will confirm once I get letter back from organisers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Oddsocks

Thanks. Dates are in the dairy, just have to do a couple of longer runs than around the block before I bring her up from Essex.

250buggys

Oddsocks":2rpb0c9u said:
Thanks. Dates are in the dairy, just have to do a couple of longer runs than around the block before I bring her up from Essex.

Where are you in essex? I am in harwich

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2veh6spj said:
Don't mock Danny new people would be great

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No mocking :D

I still have quite a bit to do to mine before it is ready for stoneleigh :D Got a brake fluid leak that is doing my head in :D