new member with a Hollier Mosquito

groovylee

hi all, ive just bought a Hollier mosquito, and i think most of the layout engine wise is similar to other buggies, so i thought i'd join you like minded lot. :)

ive got lots to do to get it back on the road, and will doubtless have loads of questions along the way!

cheers,

Lee

Attachments

• IMG_20220831_114603039.jpg
    IMG_20220831_114603039.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4

Phaeton

Staff member
Welcome to the forum, it's a bit quiet these days but there are a few who check in regularly.

This isn't the one that got stolen but wasn't really stolen a few years ago?

groovylee

Welcome to the forum, it's a bit quiet these days but there are a few who check in regularly.

This isn't the one that got stolen but wasn't really stolen a few years ago?
Cheers Phaeton :)
i saw that it was stolen, but wasn't aware of any interesting news around the 'not really stolen' bit.... i'd be all ears to any further info ;-)
i bought it from the designer/builder himself, who rescued it from the guy who it was 'stolen' from.
it needs some love, which it is getting. but not too much, as i intend to use it for trials and autotests as well as road based stuff.

Lee

ChaosMS

Hi Lee, Welcome to the forum, very interesting machine youve got there, I look forward to lots of pics of the re-build progress!!

Rich

250buggys

Great to have another project build to follow.

Did you go for the 1275cc ?

Good its already road registered, the IVA route is expensive!!

groovylee

Great to have another project build to follow.

Did you go for the 1275cc ?

Good its already road registered, the IVA route is expensive!!
I'm going for a 998 at the moment, mostly due to the budget, and the fact that my wife's mini only has a 998 in it, and if the mosquito got upgraded first she'd kill me 🤣

250buggys

When the Freestyle was designed there were many rusty minis around, when I built mine they were back in fashion and increasing in value. Now mini parts are really expensive and getting very rare, especially engines. Good luck with your project. 🙂

Phaeton

Staff member
Lee, I can't remember the exact circumstances of the alleged theft, it was a long time ago & the post may have even been on the old forum & didn't get copied over. But it was on Fleecebay (I think), I was interested in buying it as it was quirky, but then one night somebody came onto the forum claiming it was theirs & had been stolen, but it was very difficult to get straight answers from the person, but they gave the impression the person selling didn't have the right to sell it, but TBH it's all a bit hazy, heck I have enough problem remembering why I went upstairs let alone something that may have happened 10 years ago 😂

Alan.