Our (very) muddy buggy.

''Left a Bit''

Okay, I know you've probably guessed we've got a Comp Safari buggy given I was chatting to the other few guys on here that have them/used to have them, but I've just realised I never actually put anything up about it, so, here she is, she's not pretty but it gets the job done:

cEEYIE3.jpg

gftMhpp.jpg

bb5xEtx.jpg

Erk7isN.jpg

hPYDhGL.jpg

DI36oPG.jpg

8u5GGcm.jpg

NfvDwkh.jpg

IGQenuI.jpg

4DKKpEg.jpg

Mini Mad Max

My god that looks like fun! I love the pictures! :D Is comp safari particularly expensive to take part in? The only other substantial form of motor sport in the north is rallying and that gets crazy expensive!

''Left a Bit''

Probably one of the cheaper sports if you're just taking part to enjoy yourself, keeping pace with the big boys gets expensive, but I know a lad with an old chenoweth frame who use to compete on about 1500 a year including fuel for trailering car up and down, etc, even cheaper if you just do local club events.

''Left a Bit''

It is now, yes, but if you look closely at the the exhaust picture you'll see we were originally working out of a bit of sheet metal nailed together with a gravel floor ;D

''Left a Bit''

Mini Mad Max":1wmel6c4 said:
Wow! Did you build the whole thing from scratch? I bet the type r engine will only add to the mentality :p

Suspension was originally chopped out of a sand rail to build a buggy to play in a field, but there's pretty much nothing left of it now bar the original front and rear beams, we've remade everything else.

Engine is F20C out of an S2000 with an Eaton supercharger taken from a scrapped Jag 5L V8. Should give us an easy 350bhp to start with, with enough upgrade headroom in the intercooler and intake system to go past 480-500 without too much issue.

''Left a Bit''

I know it sounds strange, but against what we compete against, yes, it was slow!
Sometimes you'd catch them through a corner, and then just watch them drive away down the straight, before you caught them into the next corner!
It wasn't exactly slow previously either, in those pics there it was north of 260, but we're chasing great big v8 engined things.

''Left a Bit''

Friend of mine told me all about his new sandblasting cabinet the other day, and how he'd do me some bits and pieces if I wanted. Think he's regretting it now :D

''Left a Bit''

16" of travel and 32" wheels, it needs a bit of strength :D

Saying that, it's all thin wall T45 tube, so not quite as hefty as they look weight-wise.