Powder Coating or Spray Paint??

vexedben

I am currently in the process of building a Blitz 2 buggy, and am close to purchasing the chassis from NCF, I was just wondering what the best way of protecting it all is, is powder coating the best option or would paint and a lacquer suffice.

Cheers

Ben

Steves2580

Powder coating is great, but if some of the parts don't line up and you need to cut and weld, then it's not good!!

Paint would be easy to replace if needs be, I'd go paint every time, unless you know it's perfect from the start!!

Good luck with the build :D

Steve.

collie

I'd have to agree, I got my frame powder coated prior to my build and it's looking a little worse for wear now, if I'd taken my time and opted to dry build the buggy, before stripping it down and spraying or painting it up i would be less dissapointed. That said, I was glad to have gotten the mini engine subframe powder coated it saved a lot of time on stripping it down and repainting.

vexedben

Thanks guys for your advice, I spoke to someone at my uni and he suggested using a polyurethane enamel paint as it is pretty hardy stuff. Similar finish to powder coating but easier to repair and fix. Its also oil and petrol resistant too.