R1 Freestyle frame .....

biddleboy

hi kev i like it ive took note of the rear drive chain but even so as it stands its not worth a shed load realy but it might be the way to go with the bike engine any way is it far from you as you could have a veiwing and let me no what its like and how much you think its worth as i would be tempted

HolyCount

It's only a dozen miles up the road, Steve,  so I have sent the guy a message asking if I can pop up for a look-see and take some more, detailed, pics.

jason_l

that thing looks sweeeeeeeet  8)

If i didn't already have most of the parts bought for mine i would be buying this up!!!!!

I know of only two people developing the R1 engined freestyle, unless this is a secret version someone was working on?

Jason  :p

biddleboy

ok see if you can get an idea how much he wants for it ive looked at the drive system and they are £325 for the kit as for the frame i dont think its worth a great deal ask if he might consider selling the frame on its own or the drive on its own right lets get down to business now if i win kev and i pop down are we going to have cup of tea if so mines 2 sugars :D

Phaeton

Staff member
Think this is the version that was at Stoneleigh a few years ago, there are some photo's somewhere. Simon or Danny will confirm it. Just remember though under IVA it has to have a reverse.

EDIT:- Meant to say rear suspension seems a bit hard

Alan...

biddleboy

yeah but alan wen there is a right there is all ways a wrong and wen there is a no there ie a yes and most of all wen you aready have a funnbuggie on the road you will all ways have a funn...........buggy on the road if you catch my drift  ;) ;)yeah wink wink

jason_l

Phaeton":12r5a0q6 said:
Think this is the version that was at Stoneleigh a few years ago, there are some photo's somewhere. Simon or Danny will confirm it. Just remember though under IVA it has to have a reverse.

Alan...

Thats where i have seen the pictures of it! Looks exactly the same as in those pictures, looks like he didn't get too far with it.

Nothing wrong with stiff suspension  :eek: ;D

Reverse gear can be achieved, either with a seperate gear system or with a motor system (my mate is currently doing this on his bike engined robin hood)

Jason :)

Mini Mad Max

On one thing i saw, they put a high torque starter motor on the propshaft and it seemed to work alright, but you couldnt attach one to a driveshaft. I did see one funny video of a seven replica do a "three point turn", it had a fireblade engine in, and he just rev'd it and spun it round on the spot. ;D
Looks a good'n, but you already have one buggy steve, gonna up that to two? thought so you greedy so and so :D
Max
PS. you know you want to!

HolyCount

jason_l":37fvfa42 said:
Phaeton":37fvfa42 said:

Alan...

Thats where i have seen the pictures of it! Looks exactly the same as in those pictures, looks like he didn't get too far with it.

Reverse gear can be achieved, either with a seperate gear system or with a motor system (my mate is currently doing this on his bike engined robin hood)

Apart from losing the engine -- anyone remember what was in it at Stoneleigh ?

jason_l

HolyCount":1nhwg8q5 said:
jason_l":1nhwg8q5 said:
Phaeton":1nhwg8q5 said:

Alan...

Apart from losing the engine -- anyone remember what was in it at Stoneleigh ?

Not too much........... :p
DSCF0069.JPG

Danny

Administrator
I remember that show

I think you will find that it will be dave selling the chassis

Danny

Phaeton

Staff member
iank":g1ulml2p said:
That was Stoneleigh and it's definately Dave.

Not quite sure what you mean Ian, it's definitely Dave in the photo, but I don't think that's Dave ebay username.

Alan...

biddleboy

Mini Mad Max":11n92p8n said:
On one thing i saw, they put a high torque starter motor on the propshaft and it seemed to work alright, but you couldnt attach one to a driveshaft. I did see one funny video of a seven replica do a "three point turn", it had a fireblade engine in, and he just rev'd it and spun it round on the spot. ;D
Looks a good'n, but you already have one buggy steve, gonna up that to two? thought so you greedy so and so :D
Max
PS. you know you want to!
well max i got to try as the freestyle is getting like gold dust you got to grab them wen you can this one is ideal to do all your little experiments on

biddleboy

HolyCount":360z9905 said:
Danny":360z9905 said:
I remember that show

I think you will find that it will be dave selling the chassis

Danny

Didn't think he was in North Petherton
well the last time i spoke to dave he said he was in yovul how ever you spell it