Removed sat-nov while driving

Blod1964

Hi I am a new member, purchased from ebay yesterday a Storm Hammerhead 250 buggy. Drove it home 150 miles, bit of an experience, ha. Got near home and decided didn't need sat nav any more. I removed power from cig socket while driving, it appeared to spark and all electrics died, no lights and wouldn't start. Had to be recovered home, embarrassing. Any ideas what to do next, mobile auto electrician or contact a dealer. Help please

HolyCount

Blod1964":3ptsfivn said:
Hi I am a new member, purchased from ebay yesterday a Storm Hammerhead 250 buggy. Drove it home 150 miles, bit of an experience, ha. Got near home and decided didn't need sat nav any more. I removed power from cig socket while driving, it appeared to spark and all electrics died, no lights and wouldn't start. Had to be recovered home, embarrassing. Any ideas what to do next, mobile auto electrician or contact a dealer. Help please

Start with basics and trace wiring back, looking for blown fuses ---- maybe there's a master fuse in circuit somewhere.

Phaeton

Staff member
HolyCount":xhzj8cwh said:
Start with basics and trace wiring back, looking for blown fuses ---- maybe there's a master fuse in circuit somewhere.

Welcome to the forum, add yourself to the map so we know roughly where you are. Don't know the buggy personally but somewhere near the battery I think there will be a big fuse or maybe even check the battery terminals.

Alan...

Radar

Simon  the warp drive is only affected by the  dilethium crystals mate easy to confuse the two ... :eek:

Steves2580

Blod1964":1q3k2l88 said:

Hi, welcome to the forum!!
There will be two fuses in-line, one of which is near the battery (it will have either a red or black moulded cover), the other will be behind the dash/clocks, this is in a block of 4 or 5 fuses!

Let us know how you get on!!

Steve.

Blod1964

Hi Steve

Many thanks for your sensible answer, problem resolved, both fuses blown near battery.

First time on this board, shame thread descended into nonesense after couple of replies.

Many thanks for your help.

Phaeton

Staff member
Blod,

Please don't let them put you off, the natives are quite friendly really, you drive a buggy so you can't be that serious a person ;D

If you wish I shall remove the posts

Alan...

Radar

yes blod ..."what he said"   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ps. check your connections to your power outlet they may be loose, hence the blown fuse whilst removing said sat' nav' when on the move.

esdebe

they may also not have adequate insulation on them, was the lighter socket loose?  If they have inadequate insualtion and it is loose you may have shorted one of the terminals on the socket against another terminal / part of the car body which as Radar says would short out and cause the fuse to blow.

Sorry for the silliness in my earlier post, was having one of those days... (today must be an off day...)

Simon

Blod1964

Phaeton, Radar and Esdebe

Many thanks for your response, new to this board, will have to get up to speed with your humour.

Regards

Blod

Steves2580

Hi Blod,

Glad you're up and running again!!

Strange that it took out both fuses, normally just the one will go!!
As the others say may be something loose, needs looking into!!

The lads on here are great fun, some of the things that get written are very funny, I too, nearly joined in with the disconbooberator warp drive system errors!!! ;D ;D

Happy Buggying!!

Steve.

Blod1964

Hi Steve, replaced one fuse, but didn't do anything about about lighter, consequently blew second fuse. Disconnected cig lighter and taped up connections. Now appears OK.

Thanks Chaps

Asbo

hi blod. just to add to what the guys have said,in all seriousness,most,if not all questions will be answered by the knowledgeable guys on here,but there is a bit of humour and banter splattered inbetween. just the way most of us are....into our buggies and up for a laugh. dont be offended,get to know us all and feel free to join in. it does pay to be thick skinned at times tho,like alan phaeton.  ::) ;D