Retaxed the Buggy

hmalan

I have just tried, and succeeded in taxing the buggy on line.

Its on a Q plate and this is the first time that the tax was due since it was registered last year.

logged on to the site, completed the first page, it came back and told me that it had confirmed the vehicle was insured and MOT'd and then allowed me to complete the transaction.

So no MOT for me yet.

Alan T.

HolyCount

As we now know the online system works for Q plates that'll be the way to go --- someone should try it with an age related plate to make sure it gives the MOT grace period there too.  Far better than arguing with a post office clerk every time!

Phaeton

Staff member
Might not be as simple as that, it could all be down to how the DVLA person entered it on the system, looks like the person who did Alan's did it right I suspect this os the exception rather than the rule.

Alan...

esdebe

I wasn't able to tax mine online, as it said I had no MOT, but then the DVLA screwed up when putting the date of first registation on the V5 as the original donor...  Got the V5 sorted but too late as all teh wrong dates are in their computer now :(

Saying that my Buggy is now over 3 so  I have to MOT it anyway, just glad that I know Danny :)

Simon

Asbo

just got mine mot'd as well. not taxing it till july tho,as i'd loose too much time with being away on hol's and getting it 'properly finished'. ...still have to swap out the old mudguards and do a few other mods.