Short shifter

robcoles

I’m looking to fit a short shift as my gears change has so much play. Before I look on eBay would anyone have one to sell ?

Phaeton

Staff member
What is it you are trying to achieve I never had any issues with the gear change all I did was take out the rubber part of the stick, then weld a piece back on to get it where I wanted. I did spin the selector around which I felt gave better feel & a reversing switch.

robcoles

What is it you are trying to achieve I never had any issues with the gear change all I did was take out the rubber part of the stick, then weld a piece back on to get it where I wanted. I did spin the selector around which I felt gave better feel & a reversing switch.
I want to reduce the throw, my gears select easily enough but it’s like stirring a bowl of porridge. My last freestyle had a short shifter & I preferred the tighter feel

Phaeton

Staff member
Try looking at the roll pins at the gearbox end & the size of the holes through both the shaft coming out of the box & the shepherds crook. Get somebody to move the stick whilst you watch how much it has to be moved before the input shaft moves.