Side boxes

Danny

Administrator
Alan do you have the drawings you did for your side boxes?

How would you make the lid now? As I know you say you would do it differently if you could?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Phaeton

Staff member
No but I could go measure them at the weekend for you, I would change the design in 3 ways, Firstly as I was going to but as somebody finished them for me they didn't, I would put the hinge right along the back edge, I also just used a long piano hinge you can now get waterproof hinges, they use them on the teardrop caravans. Secondly the lid would have a lip all the way round, again to stop water egress, and finally if I had access to a tig I wouldn't have a frame on the inside I would just weld up the edges.

Danny

Administrator
Phaeton":2ggoo834 said:
No but I could go measure them at the weekend for you, I would change the design in 3 ways, Firstly as I was going to but as somebody finished them for me they didn't, I would put the hinge right along the back edge, I also just used a long piano hinge you can now get waterproof hinges, they use them on the teardrop caravans. Secondly the lid would have a lip all the way round, again to stop water egress, and finally if I had access to a tig I wouldn't have a frame on the inside I would just weld up the edges.
Wicked thanks :)

Yes I need to look for some waterproof hinges

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk