***SOLD***Early ABS freestyle for sale. MOT & TAX exempt

Jamriggsy

Hello all.
If you al look back at my posts you'll see they are all few and far between which is actually kind of like how much use my buggy gets. Lol.
Im the second owner. It was one of the early chassis. Can get the chassis number if needed. Its got a 1275 A series mini engine in which i was told has high comp pistons and a modified head. The comp is certainly quite high but i havent had it all in bits so cannot definately guarantee it internals.
I purchased it as it had no use for years off the former owner who sadly passed away. He bought it and built it to compete in hillclimbs and sprint events which i also do anyway. My main car is in bits and so this was purchased as a fun thing to fill the timeand compete in then to sell on when my car is back together. The reality is my car isnt back together but i just need to move on and get it done without filling the void which is why this is up for sale.
I have a trailer which czn be bought with the car as a complete package.

It is correctly registered as an ABS freestyle and has retained its original plate which mean (whether you agree or not) that it is TAX and MOT exempt.

I have done some bits up on it to ensure it runs ok which it does and i havd covered about 80 miles in it since it had a new hg, waterpump, expansion bottle and various other bit doing.

If anyone is interested they are welcome to contact me at [email protected] where we can arrange a call to disscuss. Or pm me on here.

I dont really know price wise what to ask as there are so few advertised and most i have seen are on q plate which this is not.

I should add that i have done 1 hillclimb in this vehicle which was great fun (as pictured) ;D

I am asking £3000 with trailer and £2750 without.

Feel free to contact me if interested.

Many thanks

Jamie

Danny

Administrator
nice buggy for someone and it does look like it has been registered correctly.

Would also make it tax exempt and MOT exempt

Phaeton

Staff member
Good luck with your sale, as to the price who knows, the last one got snapped up for the stupidly low price of £1300 earlier in the year, one before that £1800 in 2011, but before that they were going for over £3K. I think Fleecebay will be your only friend to let the public decide what it's worth.

As to exemption it's no argument as long as it says First Registered is before 1979 you're right it should be exempt. Mine is on a 1985 plate (if it didn't have personalised on) but says First Registered 2009, it also says on the front rebuild out of parts, so another 30 years for mine. But you do have to apply for Historic status as far as I know, so it might be worth applying for it to take away any doubt.

Jamriggsy

Yeah on the v5 it says historic status so im all good. Thanks.
Price wise. Who knows. Its worth what someone is willing to pay.