Speedo cable

wagon

Hello

has anybody used mini clocks and a massively extended speedo cable on their freestyle?

Thanks

Buggybloke

I haven't, but am thinking of doing it..... if it's a cable you are after, a company called 'Speedy Cables' exists somewhere in the UK, and will supply cables to whatever length, with whatever ends you require..... also I think they can re-calibrate your speedo to suit the size of wheels you are choosing to fit... (just a point to note, here,... electronic speedos sometimes have facility for re-programming to suit different size wheels). Personally I'm using my Blitz2 for normal daily road use, on it's current wheels/tyres, (185/70/13 Mud+Snow), but intend to also use some widened, (banded) 12" steel Hillman Imp wheels, which will have either dumper-type or large size quad tyres fitted for more serious off-road work....

wagon

OK thanks.

Not sure whether to go digital or keep old school clocks. I kind of have some affinity to old clocks! :)

Phaeton

Staff member
Several people have done this in the past, I personally prefer electronic but whatever floats your boat.

Alan...

Asbo

i fitted mine wi old mini clocks and i think the cable was about 3mtrs long. looked alrite imo in the homemade dash,along with mini switches.

wagon

Asbo":prk2vp6m said:
i fitted mine wi old mini clocks and i think the cable was about 3mtrs long. looked alrite imo in the homemade dash,along with mini switches.

Did you get it made by speedy cables?

How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

Danny

Administrator
I dont think they are that expensive... trying to remember when I was looking at doing it......

wagon

Just ordered a 3.6m cable.....

Bloody hope its long enough!  :eek:

and NOT CHEAP!

£30 for the cable.... can live with that
+
£13 postage!!!!!!!!
+
VAT!

Buggybloke

cable is cheap enough, the postage sounds like 'parcel-farce' prices!... I'm having 4 155x12 Mud/Snow tyres sent from Yorkshire to Southampton, next Monday, 2-3 days delivery time £6.99!!!!
I think you are being stitched up for that postage!

wagon

Pretty quick turnaround - Got it sent/back within a week :)

Need to fit it now - Fingers crossed it's the right length!