Speedo Gearbox Pick Up

Danny

Administrator
So the MGF has an electrical pick up on the gearbox....

I am looking at the ACEwell again and on their site they say this.....

Can the speedo operate with electronic gearbox outputs?
A: The ACE-3251, ACE-3972 and ACE-39xxB speedos can operate with gearbox sensors that switch between 0 - 5v and 0-12v. On some vehicles it is necessary to add a resistor or transistor to pull the output wire down to 0v in the offstate of the output.

For techy people: The models specified above can work with a maximum input frequency of 7KHz, other models can work with a maximum frequency of 100Hz.
If you need to connect a different model to a gearbox speed sensor then a 5v voltage regulator, ripple counter & output transisitor will be required. Alternatively, a speedohealer can be used as an interface.

Phaeton

Staff member
Well according to this there is a wire from the gearbox to the ECU & then one from the ECI to the speedo head, first test I would have thought would be to attach that to your speedo & then see what happens,

speed_transducer_mgtf.png

Phaeton

Staff member
Actually are you sure you have an electrical one & not a mechanical one, you're not looking at the reversing light switch are you? you had an F not a TF

Danny

Administrator
hmmm i am hoping it a mechanical one... not sure where it is... though...

Will have a google

Phaeton

Staff member
It may look like it but I don't think it is, pretty sure it's on the other side of the gearbox

Phaeton

Staff member
Here you go this one shows an electronic one on the right of the image sticking up, but if you had a cable I would have thought you would have known about it, it's HUGE!

pg1.jpg