Subframe mounting points

Skirrow

Just come to bolt up the subframe and run into an unexpected problem...

The old chassis had 2 little circular lips which matched the ones on the subframe, like this...

2012-03-22_1609.png

However, the new chassis doesn't have these, so the subframe ones poke through and there's a couple of mm play when the bolts are tightened up. See this.....

2012-03-22_1614.png

What's standard here? Does anyone have a set up with the lipless chassis and a lipped subframe? How does it work?

Seem to be 3 options,

- Number 1 is to remove the lips from the subframe, but I'm not sure on how tight it would be held
- Number 2 is to make a thick washer up to replace the lip, pain in the arse with my relatively limited metalworking stuff
- Number 3 is to attach the way it was attached previosly, which was not to use the big bolt, but to tap 2 smaller threads in the subframe mounting tops and use the smaller holes. Don't have tap and die stuff and i imagine this would be the biggest pain in the ass

Last option means the subframe would look like this:

http://jing.tonedeafltd.com/2012-03-22_1615.png

Anybody help with the best, quickest and easiest solution?

esdebe

buying some washers would be your easiest option, or get a bit or pipe and cut that to make a washer, after all that is what the lip is....

Skirrow

Cheers, that's what I did, ordered some M27 washers yesterday. At the time of posting I didn't realise it would be so easy to get hold of washers with such a big hole but 2 minutes on ebay and job's a goodun